Belly band holsters ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I 95% of the time front pocket carry a S & W 442 Airweight .38 Spl......I also have a .380 Ruger LCP that does not get carried very often because I feel better armed with a .38 vs a .380........just me.

Anyway, since retiring six weeks ago I've started walking early mornings 2 miles and so far I've worn a very light jacket with pockets to carry the 442 but the summer heat is just around the corner and the jacket will have to go pretty quick and drawstring waist shorts have a tendency to droop (I've tried) with the 442 plus the gun bounces a lot when walking.

I've been thinking about getting a 'belly band holster' to go under a t-shirt or tank top for walking this summer and from looking online there are a several brand names available in several price ranges.......I imagine any of them will be hot when wearing this summer but for only a hour or so I believe I can tolerate it vs not being armed.

For those that have tried them how do you like them and which brand do you prefer ?

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used a Smart Carry for quite a while, and I like the basic concept. But more than once, I found the thumb safety on my Kimber was deactivated while the gun was in the holster, so I'm not sure that gun will go back in that holster.

Been looking at other options, and am rather interested in the 3Speed, which is a little more fitted than the Smart Carry.

http://3speedholster.com/

Glock_21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have one. I can't remember the brand. It holds the Glock 42 and a couple mags when I run (jog). It also has a pocket for licenses. It's not the most comfortable way to carry but it works. An undershirt is a must. The gun also gets a good wipe down with some oil afterwards. Work up a good sweat and the gun will be covered.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
As unfashionable as it might be, a water bottle belt or a fanny pack might be handy. You could keep your weapon and some water right there with you, and not look out of place.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with a fanny pack for the morning walk. But, I have a Vedder belly band I got off eBay for like 20 bucks that works just fine with a light gun like my 642.

Sent from my iPhone

Latest posts

Top Bottom