Belt me....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigchuck83

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been wearing a Kore Essentials belt for just over six months and even though i didn't buy one of the EDC gun belts my regular grey nylon casual belt has been better than any leather belt i've ever had. track adjustment system makes getting the belt just right easy. I would buy one of the EDC gun belts but the 1.5 width won't fit through my belt loops on my work pants.
20170607_172018.jpg

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been wearing a Kore Essentials belt for just over six months and even though i didn't buy one of the EDC gun belts my regular grey nylon casual belt has been better than any leather belt i've ever had. track adjustment system makes getting the belt just right easy. I would buy one of the EDC gun belts but the 1.5 width won't fit through my belt loops on my work pants.
20170607_172018.jpg

That buckle looks bulky and uncomfortable

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Holy thread revival Batman.

Just thought I'd followup and give a brief review of the belt that I ended up going with.

I got a belt from A Better Belt USA. I got it in March 2021 and it was stiff and would hold itself up.
Yet the narrow tail and buckle makes it comfortable for a big guy.

This is when it was new.

20210325_111858.jpg
20210325_111908.jpg

And this is today. Almost 2 years of daily wear, and daily pistol carry, later.

20230120_215133.jpg20230120_215026.jpg20230120_215123.jpg

It still holds itself up and the back has not "bowed" way down like all of my previous belts did.

For a $95 I am quite satisfied with it.

I highly recommend them. (And no, I wasn't paid or anything. )

https://www.abetterbeltusa.com/

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I'm looking for options for an everyday belt that will hold up to IWB pistol carry.

The 2 issues I keep running into:
1. Leather belts are to soft and sag or curl over time.
2. "Carry" belts are far to rigged and offer no flex for a big guy and they feel like they are cutting into my stomach.

Any suggestions that won't break the bank?
I typically wear a 46-48" belt.

I have a double layer leather belt that is rigid enough to support even OWB - not as well as a reinforced belt, but it does work. It is much more comfortable though. Mine is from Urban Carry. Not a fan of their gimmicky holster but the belt is quality.

https://urbancarryholsters.com/heavy-duty-gun-belt.html

Latest posts

Top Bottom