Benedict Arnold Revisited: Pennsylvania Republican Pushing Ban on Private Gun Sales

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You just spent this thread generalizing the GOP as sellouts on the 2A when it's convenient, and now you're chastising someone else for making generalizations?

Mind the plank sir. :rolleyes2
Half-marks. I generalized, though I made mention of "watching their actions." I called out Seadog for making an absolute statement ("100% of the time"), and also for seeing the opposition as "mentally flawed," etc. rather than considering the possibility that differences of opinion can be based in legitimate roots.

It's generally held that about 40% of the people will vote R no matter what, about 40% D no matter what. That means that the politicians don't have to worry about appealing to 80% of the population, because nothing will sway them. Candidates only need to worry about appealing to the 20% who are actually in play.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Half-marks. I generalized, though I made mention of "watching their actions." I called out Seadog for making an absolute statement ("100% of the time"), and also for seeing the opposition as "mentally flawed," etc. rather than considering the possibility that differences of opinion can be based in legitimate roots.

Legitimacy that you bestow on those who wish to transform the capitalist country that rose to be the greatest in the world into a tin pot communist crap hole, which is what it will be if they succeed in turning those "legitimately rooted opinions" into political wins. Some of us prefer not to refer to those folks as "legitimate" and just call them un-American regardless of where or how they arrived at their opinion.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's generally held that about 40% of the people will vote R no matter what, about 40% D no matter what.

:rollingla:rollinglaI WISHED! IMHO, just about every time I talk to a R voter, they say that they aren't going to vote(stay at home) because they disagree with the R candidate because of one point of contention. Then I talk to a D voter and whether it's Hillary, Bernie, PeeWee Herman, etc. they are going to vote straight ticket D.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Legitimacy that you bestow on those who wish to transform the capitalist country that rose to be the greatest in the world into a tin pot communist crap hole, which is what it will be if they succeed in turning those "legitimately rooted opinions" into political wins. Some of us prefer not to refer to those folks as "legitimate" and just call them un-American regardless of where or how they arrived at their opinion.
And they'd make a parallel overbroad, simplistic accusation about you, albeit one with different emotionally-charged buzzwords.

Hey, it's easier than thinking.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
:rollingla:rollinglaI WISHED! IMHO, just about every time I talk to a R voter, they say that they aren't going to vote(stay at home) because they disagree with the R candidate because of one point of contention. Then I talk to a D voter and whether it's Hillary, Bernie, PeeWee Herman, etc. they are going to vote straight ticket D.
The ideological impurities of the left are the only thing that keeps them in power. They'll sell out their principles in a heartbeat to stay in power. Well, that and selling the poor on handouts instead of hand ups.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

If every R who said "I'll stay home before I vote for Trump" actually did so, Hillary would be in office right now.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I voted to secure conservative/originalist Supreme Court nominees. I don't hold out much hope for the other two branches of the Feral Government to stand in defense of our rights, freedoms, and prosperity.

Woody

Latest posts

Top Bottom