Benefit of Permit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoronaBorealis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did a search and could not find anything. What is the benefit of holding an SDA license now that constitutional carry is in effect? I skimmed the SDA law on the OSBI website and didn't find an answer. I have let my license expire, but I would still pay the money to renew if I knew what benefits there were.

Thanks in advance.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I also think you can’t carry anywhere alcohol is served such as restaurants. If you are a camper,boater,hiker, I think it prohibits state park carry too but not sure on that one

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, unless or until it has been fixed, permitless carry is excluded in places where alcohol is sold for consumption, which is different than the SDA provision that excludes carry in places that derive majority of sales from alcohol or whatever. That and reciprocity...

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, unless or until it has been fixed, permitless carry is excluded in places where alcohol is sold for consumption, which is different than the SDA provision that excludes carry in places that derive majority of sales from alcohol or whatever. That and reciprocity...

I travel quite a bit, and it's worth the money to me to not have to worry if I'm legal or not. In the last couple of weeks, I've been in 10 different states that all had the reciprocity agreement with the state of Oklahoma. Cheap 'piece of mind'.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know but for me I'll keep mine. I like traveling out of state if and when I can. I like going to state parks. I like going out to eat at places that serve alcohol even though I don't use it anymore and I don't want to get caught in a place and some nut opens the door of a restaurant and starts shooting. Like that place up by Lake Hefner. I'm would think there is some other benefits that haven't been mentioned too.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I travel quite a bit, and it's worth the money to me to not have to worry if I'm legal or not. In the last couple of weeks, I've been in 10 different states that all had the reciprocity agreement with the state of Oklahoma. Cheap 'piece of mind'.

Me too amen to all the above

TheDoubleD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Your Defense attorney could use the fact in mitigation that you sought the training and acquired the license so you know and when to lawfully carry and use the gun, when arguing your case before a jury-civil more than criminal. Reinforcing your defense of acting lawfully versus the Plaintiffs contention that you were nothing more than a wild eyed vigilante Rambo.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom