Beretta 1301 Tactical or a Benelli M4 or a Benelli M2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Shotgun Should I Choose?

• Benelli M4/1014 For $1799.00

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • Beretta 1301 Tactical For $1159.00

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • Benelli M2 For $1099.00 (Display Model)

Votes: 6 22.2%

• Total voters

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am currently debating on upgrading my home-defense shotgun to either a Beretta 1301 Tactical, a Benelli M4/104, or a Benelli M2.

All are quality guns and have a fairly proven track record. In a perfect world where I am a rich person I would probably go with the Benelli M4 and be done with it, but this is not that world. The Beretta 1301 Tactical Gen II has been getting high marks from the reviews that I have read, but the M2 has been a wish-list gun for me since I was in high school back when it was called the "Super 90."

So I am torn as to which shotgun to get, and this is something that I have been struggling with for a few weeks now, and I want to act before they are sold out. So if you have any idea on which way I should go or if you have any hands-on experience, please feel free to share and comment below and vote on the poll!

TIA

Jestik

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an M1 Super 90 and an M2 22in, the 1301 is on my short list as neither has the ghost rings, so fitting an RMR is difficult and expensive since its not drilled and tapped. If you are going to buy it and not touch it, get the Benelli. If you want to trick it out, I would get the 1301. I am looking at the Langdon Tactical personally. But like retrieverman said, you cant go wrong with any of them.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't you see I am trying to narrow down and not increase my choices here! I am having a hard enough time deciding.

But while you are here, why the Remington Versamax?
It's basically the same gun as the european high dollar shotguns. I'm pretty sure the bolt and mainspring are interchangeable. Mine will eat literally anything.

Attachments

• IMG_4157.JPG
    IMG_4157.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 53

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have an M1 Super 90 and an M2 22in, the 1301 is on my short list as neither has the ghost rings, so fitting an RMR is difficult and expensive since its not drilled and tapped. If you are going to buy it and not touch it, get the Benelli. If you want to trick it out, I would get the 1301. I am looking at the Langdon Tactical personally. But like retrieverman said, you cant go wrong with any of them

I feel like having someone like SPDguns drill and tap a receiver is going to be way cheaper than a whole new gun.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom