Beretta 1301 Tactical or a Benelli M4 or a Benelli M2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Shotgun Should I Choose?

• Benelli M4/1014 For $1799.00

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • Beretta 1301 Tactical For $1159.00

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • Benelli M2 For $1099.00 (Display Model)

Votes: 6 22.2%

• Total voters

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wanted to show you guys what I got and what I plan to do.

So I got the Beretta 1301 Tactical in last night and man do I love it. Everything about it is high-quality and the bolt release lever (not a button) is extremely positive. The shotgun is lightweight but I will say that I have not shot it yet.

All of that to say that I will probably sell it here soon for about what I paid for it.

Why do you ask?

Because last night I ordered a Beretta 1301 Tactical LE model that already has the Nordic Components mount on it AND a Mesa Tactical pistol-grip stock. Thank you to whomever told me about ArmsUnlimited because I bought it from them brand new for $1350.

The only Nordic Components magazine kit I found was on Gunbroker and it would have cost me $213 out the door....add that to the $1215 that the shotgun cost me originally an we are at...$1,428.00 smackolas.

So I will see if I can unload the Beretta 1301 Tactical that I have and wait for the other one to come in. If any of you are in the market to buy a 1301 Tactical BNIB, hit me up.
Sellers market for Shotguns has been tough on me lately. Good luck with it. That is a dead sexy shotgun man. Part of me wishes I would have gotten the shorty, but I love my 24". Holds lots of boolits

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So to put a bow on this thread I finally got the Beretta 1301 Tactical "LE" model, and I must say, I am sort of disappointed. Even though every picture of that firearm from the Beretta website and other gun websites shows it clearly with a Nordic Component Magazine Tube Extension Kit, which also has a QD mount and picatinny rail slot for a flashlight.

Well the gun I picked up yesterday:

1. Has a no-name, plastic magazine tube extension, not a Nordic Components one.
2. Has a QD mount on the barrel/magazine clamp but not picatinny/1913 rail slot or a means to attach one.

I posted some pics for you to see what I did get, and I am pretty frustrated because the Nordic Components kit was pretty important to me.

Attachments

• 20210827_012054.jpg
    20210827_012054.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 62
  • 20210827_012042.jpg
    20210827_012042.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 60
  • 20210827_012035.jpg
    20210827_012035.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 61

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That does kinda suck man. I was in C.O.P.S. last week and he had that exact model in the shop with the plastic magazine extension, no pic either. I have the Nordic plus 10 on my 24" and there is a major difference in feel and look over the plastic one. Not sure if it will be less quality though.

One thing I did notice was the pistol grip felt like dog **** in my hands. Little too big, bulky and the thumb placement felt odd. If I go with a pistol gripped scattergun, it will be an M2. That said, the 1301's stock without the pistol grip feels amazing to me.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Attachments

• 0042453_beretta-1301-tactical-semi-auto-standard-stock-w-ext-mag-tube-rail-and-sling-attachmen...jpg
    0042453_beretta-1301-tactical-semi-auto-standard-stock-w-ext-mag-tube-rail-and-sling-attachmen...jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 62

ricco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Give the extension a chance, if it works until you can find a Nordic (good luck with that) then great, if it doesn't work just get an OEM mag tube cap. Reliability is far more important than capacity. As for the Mesa stock, I have Mesa stocks on two shotguns and have nothing but good to say about them. Pistol grip stocks are superior when shooting from a compressed position.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am still iffy on the stock. Having held the original one, the Mesa Tactical stock seems a little bit off with the angle of the stock coming down from the grip. But it might take some getting used to.

I am also bummed that it did not come with a nice Beretta case (all it came with was a torn up cardboard box) and I also have no way to mount a weapon light.

Also I am trying to find out who made the actual kit that is on the gun. I took it apart last night and did not see one word on any of the parts.

Last edited:

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feel very let down and sort of soured by the whole ordeal. You can't trust that the gun that you are buying in the picture is the one that you will get.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am still iffy on the stock. Having held the original one, the Mesa Tactical stock seems a little bit off with the angle of the stock coming down from the grip. But it might take some getting used to.

I am also bummed that it did not come with a nice Beretta case (all it came with was a torn up cardboard box) and I also have no way to mount a weapon light.

Also I am trying to find out who made the actual kit that is on the gun. I took it apart last night and did not see one word on any of the parts.
"I am trying to find out who made the actual kit that is on the gun."

Ah, China?

Latest posts

Top Bottom