Beretta 1301 Tactical or a Benelli M4 or a Benelli M2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Shotgun Should I Choose?

• Benelli M4/1014 For $1799.00

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • Beretta 1301 Tactical For $1159.00

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • Benelli M2 For $1099.00 (Display Model)

Votes: 6 22.2%

• Total voters

teslawasframed

Night Watchman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FWIW, Stoeger makes a Benelli clone that's pretty legit. "M3000 Freedom Series Defense 12-Gauge", I think. I paid $700 for mine, and it's performed admirably.

I've heard rave reviews of the Beretta 1301, too. Greg at ActiveResponseTraining wrote about his experiences with them and had nothing but good things to say. If I had to make the choice again today, that would be the one I might go for.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know you want one.
M1014 (1).JPG

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been wanting a good semi-auto for some time. I went to Wilshire today, but they only had 2 shotguns in the entire store. Afterwards I went to H&H just to walk around. They had a pretty good amount of inventory in stock, but my goodness those things are expensive. I looked at a few Benelli, Browning, Franchi, and Beretta shotguns. What I learned is that I do not know nearly enough about each one to justify spending that kind of money. Here's what I know: Benelli = good, Beretta = good, Browning = love their rifles & O/U's, Franchi = nothing, but they seem nice. I will say that having never handled a Beretta 1301 before, I was impressed by it today - and I could've bought it for about $850 less than the Benelli I was comparing it against. I left empty handed, which was probably a good thing.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been wanting a good semi-auto for some time. I went to Wilshire today, but they only had 2 shotguns in the entire store. Afterwards I went to H&H just to walk around. They had a pretty good amount of inventory in stock, but my goodness those things are expensive. I looked at a few Benelli, Browning, Franchi, and Beretta shotguns. What I learned is that I do not know nearly enough about each one to justify spending that kind of money. Here's what I know: Benelli = good, Beretta = good, Browning = love their rifles & O/U's, Franchi = nothing, but they seem nice. I will say that having never handled a Beretta 1301 before, I was impressed by it today - and I could've bought it for about $850 less than the Benelli I was comparing it against. I left empty handed, which was probably a good thing.
Not to hijack the OP's thread, but when it comes to auto's the biggest decision other than price, is gas or inertia in my opinion.

Beretta, Browning = Gas
Benelli, Franchi, Stoeger = Inertia

Benelli's are a sweet rig no doubt. You can beat them to death and they keep going. Franchi and Stoeger are very similar to the M2. Some parts interchange. One major difference is the the inertia spring is on the mag tube vs in the stock on the Benelli. Others can chime in on additional info. A Stoeger is a great budget friendly auto with some high end features.

I have a CZ1012 that's inertia. It's very close to a Benelli design with spring in the stock but you cannot add a mag tube extension and the safety is forward the trigger. That said, I love mine and it's great in the price department.

Hit me up if you want to run some through the paces.

Latest posts

Top Bottom