Beretta 1301 Tactical or a Benelli M4 or a Benelli M2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Shotgun Should I Choose?

• Benelli M4/1014 For $1799.00

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • Beretta 1301 Tactical For $1159.00

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • Benelli M2 For $1099.00 (Display Model)

Votes: 6 22.2%

• Total voters

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not to hijack the OP's thread, but when it comes to auto's the biggest decision other than price, is gas or inertia in my opinion.

Beretta, Browning = Gas
Benelli, Franchi, Stoeger = Inertia

Benelli's are a sweet rig no doubt. You can beat them to death and they keep going. Franchi and Stoeger are very similar to the M2. Some parts interchange. One major difference is the the inertia spring is on the mag tube vs in the stock on the Benelli. Others can chime in on additional info. A Stoeger is a great budget friendly auto with some high end features.

I have a CZ1012 that's inertia. It's very close to a Benelli design with spring in the stock but you cannot add a mag tube extension and the safety is forward the trigger. That said, I love mine and it's great in the price department.

Hit me up if you want to run some through the paces.
The Benelli M1014 is the first gas operated shotgun they made. Not all Benelli's are inertia.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’d just buy whatever kmiller says/said as he forgot more about tuning, running, operating the type shotguns you want, in the time it took me to write this post, than I’ve learned in my lifetime. Between 3 gun, teaching classes, training… all his contacts, Im pretty sure I’m understating it.

Last edited:

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’d just buy whatever kmiller says/said as he forgot more about tuning, running, operating the type shotguns you want, in the time it took me to write this post than I’ve learned in my lifetime. Between 3 gun, teaching classes, training… all his contacts, Im pretty sure I’m understating it.
Knows more than you and me both brother...no doubt.

Latest posts

Top Bottom