Beretta A400 or other suggestions....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Need something versatile as I'm being asked to go on more and more shoots and hunts with clients and insurance carriers. I have Benellis but they are set up for defense or gaming. I'm a buy once, cry once kind of guy so I don't need the cheapest.... but I'm not looking for an over/under that will cost me an arm and a leg either. Currently eyeing a Beretta A400. Suggestions?

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m a fan of the Beretta A400 and the Benelli Ethos. Can’t go wrong with either one. I think the Ethos with wood furntitire looks more classic or formal if that is a consideration.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m a fan of the Beretta A400 and the Benelli Ethos. Can’t go wrong with either one. I think the Ethos with wood furntitire looks more classic or formal if that is a consideration.

That Benelli is sharp. Kinda muddied the water there.

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The benelli montefeltro is a really sweet gun and great for quail,pheasants and ducks.I also like the safety location on the montefelltro.Its right behind the trigger where you can just push it off and my trigger finger naturally slides 1/3 inch or so up to the trigger.On the beretta the safety is an inch or more in front of the trigger and several times on a covey rise I was searching for the trigger after taking the safety off.The safety was in a very unnatural place for me.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
The benelli montefeltro is a really sweet gun and great for quail,pheasants and ducks.I also like the safety location on the montefelltro.Its right behind the trigger where you can just push it off and my trigger finger naturally slides 1/3 inch or so up to the trigger.On the beretta the safety is an inch or more in front of the trigger and several times on a covey rise I was searching for the trigger after taking the safety off.The safety was in a very unnatural place for me.
This. I have a beautiful Beretta AL2 with fixed IC. I can miss a quail with it but still have trouble with the safety location. It’s wonders on the skeet field though where I don’t need to make split second decisions on safety choices.

Latest posts

Top Bottom