Beretta AL390 Magazine Plug emergency?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I picked up something I've been wanting for about 10 years, a Beretta AL390 12ga. Got the wood stocked silver mallard, to be exact. I get it home, plan on going over it and giving it a good cleaning before putting it in its bag in preparation for going out this weekend, and, Its missing its magazine plug. According to the manual, magazine plug installation needs to be done by a gunsmith ( see page 30 : http://pdf.textfiles.com/manuals/FIREARMS/beretta_al390.pdf ). I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with this, or could point me to a video or something. The manual just isnt making sense to me at the moment. if it does require special plug or special person to install a plug, can I get some suggestions on where I could go before friday to make this happen? Preferably in the OKC area.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
so the plug is needed to limit shell capacity no plugs 3 shells. 1 plug 2 shells. 2plugs 1 shell capacity don't think it needs plugs to function unless im missing something?

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
alright, i got it apart, but dont have a plug. Called Gene Sears, the guy who knows anything wont be inuntil the morning.
so the plug is needed to limit shell capacity no plugs 3 shells. 1 plug 2 shells. 2plugs 1 shell capacity don't think it needs plugs to function unless im missing something?
I have zero plugsand need to limit my magazine capacity down to two so its legal for dove.
I carry a spare wooden pencil with me in the vehicle in case I need a plug. Would that work on your AL390? Not familiar with that model or operating system.
ill post a pic here in a minute, i dont think a pencil will work.
How similar is the 390 and 391? Not much on YouTube about the 390 but more on the 391
I think theyre pretty similar, at least until you get to the one or two fancy 391 models.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
2A1B3860-41D3-4DCA-AC8E-C96EC534FE8D.jpeg

2F31E7CD-8836-4B0D-96F6-98EC1EBE9B98.jpeg

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
^^^ that would be the “end cap” for the magazine. The spring pin in there acts as the retainer to keep it in place when screwed into the tube. Maybe a piece of nylon tubing/something that will slip over the pin?

Latest posts

Top Bottom