Beretta ARX 100

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I know this is a long shot but here goes.
Are there any Beretta ARX 100 owners on this board? I am picking one up around the 7 of February. I have shot this rifle and really enjoy it.
Are there any plus or minuses? I know it is a short stock weapon and the trigger is not the greatest.
Insight appreciated. Thanks

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not to be a negative nancy, but I think you are the o my person who likes the ARX. Every review I read gave it a thumbs down.

Actually he's not. I bought myself one for Christmas. I just haven't gotten around to shooting it yet cause cold weather and I don't play well together.

I've watched about every YouTube I can find and read lots of articles and pages and pages of internet threads. So far, the only complaints are the inability to use a magazine with an overinsertion shelf, a couple that are having FTF and FTE problems and a few that wish the buttstock were longer.

I like the ability to be totally ambidextrous since I'm left handed. And although not all, but it uses AR magazines, not something proprietary to Beretta. Another plus is that there is a large selection parts on Brownells if any are needed. The only complaint I've got so far is it's ugly (so are Glocks, but I like them too) and I'm not a big fan of side rails.

I'm hoping the weathermans promise of warm weather next week will let me go out and play.

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Still working out the ARX. I will say Gen 2 Magpuls with the lip at the rear of the magazine do require some filing to get them to work. I will try and post pics of my groups.
While my AR in 300 blackout shoots better the ARX in my book is only combat accurate..
I have had no malfunctions with any ammo I have shot. 55 to 77 grain ammo. I do wish Beretta would support this firearm better and get the 300 barrels out.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think it is a fine rifle. Not as good as an AR, but I wouldn't throw it away if issued.

I haven't put a massive amount of rounds through mine, but it is a well thought out rifle that works very nicely as a widely issued soldiers' rifle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom