Beretta PX4 upwards ejection

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I own two PX4's, a .40 and 9mm with the 9mm being the newest. I finally got to take it to the range today and I know I've fallen back into bad habits due to most of my shots being low left, but I also had a lot of casings that ejected straight up. Even caught one on the side of my neck which wasn't fun. After a few times having brass hit me in my chest and that scorcher on the my neck I was making sure to have a firm grip, but it still happened. Mind you not all of them, maybe 20-25 rounds out of the 100 I shot, which makes me think its me and not a mechanical issue. I never had this problem with my .40 though but did have it happen occasionally with my Ruger EC9s. So, what am I doing wrong? Or could it just be a week load in this WWB 115 FMJ I'm using?

PJM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I own two PX4's, a .40 and 9mm with the 9mm being the newest. I finally got to take it to the range today and I know I've fallen back into bad habits due to most of my shots being low left, but I also had a lot of casings that ejected straight up. Even caught one on the side of my neck which wasn't fun. After a few times having brass hit me in my chest and that scorcher on the my neck I was making sure to have a firm grip, but it still happened. Mind you not all of them, maybe 20-25 rounds out of the 100 I shot, which makes me think its me and not a mechanical issue. I never had this problem with my .40 though but did have it happen occasionally with my Ruger EC9s. So, what am I doing wrong? Or could it just be a week load in this WWB 115 FMJ I'm using?

Yeah I was in communist CONnecticut for 17 years and then moved bac last year. So I didn't even shoot for that 17 years and now I am learning all over again. Good luck with the new weapon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom