Bergara 300 prc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redleg10

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone have a Bergara Wilderness Terrain in 300 prc that can give me a honest opinion pros and cons of this rifle. Interested in getting one in 7mm rem mag or 300 prc, but looking for more hands on input to decide.

Ed Huffine

New to the site!
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Hey Redleg,
I just sold my Terrain to my neighbor. This rifle is a tack driver. I shot the 225 hornady ELD match and averaged about .76" groups at 100, 1.53" at 200 and 3.4" groups at 400 with a Vortex Viper PST gen II scope. The B-14 action is super smooth. The only reason I sold it was the weight. With the scope and full magazine this thing came in around 12.5 pounds, not great for back country hunting. Deer stand/blind or flat terrain, this would be a great rifle.. My savage 110 Hunter in 300 Win mag with full load and scope comes in a 9.25lbs and the Savage is pretty close to the Bergara in performance. Groups differ by .1" with Nosler 180-grain Ballistic Tip over 73.0 grains of IMR 7828. The advantage to the Bergara is it shoots factory ammo better, it has more adjustability and factory 5 r rifling, it's easier to clean IMO. You can't go wrong with any rifle at this price point. Hope this helps.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do not even know what 300 PRC is.
300 Win Mag for the 21st Century that's non belted. It allows the use of heavy 30 cal bullets that are really long. It will be my next caliber. Jury is still debating if it out performs the 300 Win Mag or not.

redleg10

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey Redleg,
I just sold my Terrain to my neighbor. This rifle is a tack driver. I shot the 225 hornady ELD match and averaged about .76" groups at 100, 1.53" at 200 and 3.4" groups at 400 with a Vortex Viper PST gen II scope. The B-14 action is super smooth. The only reason I sold it was the weight. With the scope and full magazine this thing came in around 12.5 pounds, not great for back country hunting. Deer stand/blind or flat terrain, this would be a great rifle.. My savage 110 Hunter in 300 Win mag with full load and scope comes in a 9.25lbs and the Savage is pretty close to the Bergara in performance. Groups differ by .1" with Nosler 180-grain Ballistic Tip over 73.0 grains of IMR 7828. The advantage to the Bergara is it shoots factory ammo better, it has more adjustability and factory 5 r rifling, it's easier to clean IMO. You can't go wrong with any rifle at this price point. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the report, weights not a problem since it will be use for long distance target shooting from a bench. How effective was the muzzle break on lessoning recoil?

Ed Huffine

New to the site!
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I do not even know what 300 PRC is.
Hey Jestik, 300 PRC is Hornady's answer to the 300 winchester magnum. It stands for Precision Rifle Cartridge. The military asked Hornady to develop a .30 caliger long range sniper cartridge with a lower BC and the punching power of a 338 lapua, hence, the 300 PRC. Reletively flat tragetory, great stopping power and less recoil than a 338. Awesome cartridge.

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the report, weights not a problem since it will be use for long distance target shooting from a bench. How effective was the muzzle break on lessoning recoil?

Radial brakes reduce recoil, but are not nearly as effective as a rear-angled port brake. Where the radial wins in that match-up is that they don't direct the concussion back towards the shooter or people next to the shooter (as much).

Having a threaded barrel on the Terrain, one can simply replace the factory brake with a self-timing brake with just a couple wrenches.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Radial brakes reduce recoil, but are not nearly as effective as a rear-angled port brake. Where the radial wins in that match-up is that they don't direct the concussion back towards the shooter or people next to the shooter (as much).

Having a threaded barrel on the Terrain, one can simply replace the factory brake with a self-timing brake with just a couple wrenches.
Or a suppressor.

Latest posts

Top Bottom