Berrys Bullets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdschoonie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have noticed these being nearly as cheap as lead bullets, which usually means there’s a reason for that. Are these any good? I’m just looking for the best, but cheap route to amassing 45 acp. Dennis mentions coated bullets being better than plain lead, but I found these and just wonder.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I tried some XTreme plated 45 bullets and I found you should not crimp them or push them really fast as accuracy falls off.
Even pushed slow and just running them through a die to iron out the flare they still did not shoot as well as a Lee 200 gr cast in my guns.
My buddies Kimber did not care for the plated so much either. Could be they were .451" diameter and my guns want larger diameter. .452" or .4525"

They still make holes and go bang though.

Gringobandito

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have shot 20K+ thousand of Xtreme and Berrys (9mm and 40) and have never had a problem with either if them. Great bullets for the price nd they won't lead your barrel as long as velocity is kept below 1,200 - 1,300. That being said, if you are shooting bullseye or trying for groups at 50 yards, stick with jacketed.

JoeUSooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have noticed these being nearly as cheap as lead bullets, which usually means there’s a reason for that. Are these any good? I’m just looking for the best, but cheap route to amassing 45 acp. Dennis mentions coated bullets being better than plain lead, but I found these and just wonder.
I have reloaded for over four years with thousands of Berry's 115grain 9mm (.356) bullets - when I can get them - and have never had a single problem, including NO increased barrel fouling (4" barrel). I load to an OCL of 1.125" and the bullet, which seats well, is easy to keep within a +/- .004"

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Top Bottom