Berry's Hybrid Hollow Points

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lonewatie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think they would function just like if not better than the xtreme hollow points or cast powder coated hollow points depending on their hardness. They need to be close to a 10-12bhn and the plating will keep the pedals together. If i could get a ballistics gel recipe to actually work i would be testing all kinds of stuff like that.

Sent from my WIENER using Tapatalk

Lonewatie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are plated swaged lead with scored pedals. Every bullet of that type ive seen function just as well as a bonded scored pedal bullet such as the hst

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've haven't heard of them yet.

What is their composition?
How much do they cost?

/\ /\ /\ Whet he said /\ /\ /\

https://www.berrysmfg.com/category/hhp

They're cheap. Not sure I would use them for personal defense, without some rather intensive testing.

I think they would function just like if not better than the xtreme hollow points or cast powder coated hollow points depending on their hardness. They need to be close to a 10-12bhn and the plating will keep the pedals together. If i could get a ballistics gel recipe to actually work i would be testing all kinds of stuff like that.

Kinda' my thought. I've got a buddy who made some ballistic gel several years ago that seemed to work quite well. He said it was expensive and a PITA to make, so he didn't plan to do it again!

Lonewatie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would absolutely trust a hp cast/swaged to self defense, and do it in a heartbeat. Especially in my house. Even if they are a bit too hard 15-16bhn, at that point they would splinter off a bit but internal shrapnel is a horrid thing.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm thinking seriously of ordering 250 each of the 9mm 147 grain and the .40 180 grain. That puts the total just over $75, so it qualifies for free shipping!

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm seriously skeptical of these and the X-Treme JHP performing in gel. The videos in clear gel are pretty and all, but I'd bet money they seriously under penetrate in actual organic ballistic gel in a FBI or IWBA test. If you are just using them for range fodder there are actual cup/core JHPs that are cheaper by a good margin. Like almost all of them? I can't see how they even sell. No need to deal with the PITA loading and handling of plated soft lead bullets. The pricing is beyond my comprehension. $0.12 apiece for the Berrys? Really?

Lonewatie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm seriously skeptical of these and the X-Treme JHP performing in gel. The videos in clear gel are pretty and all, but I'd bet money they seriously under penetrate in actual organic ballistic gel in a FBI or IWBA test. If you are just using them for range fodder there are actual cup/core JHPs that are cheaper by a good margin. Like almost all of them? I can't see how they even sell. No need to deal with the PITA loading and handling of plated soft lead bullets. The pricing is beyond my comprehension. $0.12 apiece for the Berrys? Really?
They penetrate wood and animals pretty well. I shot a dog killing chickens with a 115gr xtreme hp drt. Where exactly is the pain in loading plated bullets? I ask that because ive loaded tens of thousands of them with no issue. As far as cost, where are you getting a jhp bullet cheaper than a plated xtreme? I buy commercially and cant buy jhp at my cost cheaper than street price on xtremes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom