Berrys Plated Bullets.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, because of my recent disaster with Freedom Munitions, I decided to finally get all my dies and everything to reload .40. I havent shot these bullets out of anything in 15 years and they are just about the cheapest around so I figured I would give them a try. Im a few tenths under min load for these bullets but they are still going 1050-1070 out of my gun and at 165gr still puts me at a power factor of around 175. Still by no means feel like a light load. I figured since Glock uses the same recoil spring for 9mm and 40 I shouldnt have any problems. Im still way over min load if you use load data for a jacketed bullet. Anyway, gun runs fine. Accuracy isnt astonishing but still way better than some factory loads I have shot.

Just a 5 shot group to double check function and zero and make sure it will lock back on an empty mag. At 15 yards in this stupid oklahoma wind the other day.

target 1.jpg

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can you see 8.5x11" paper at 15 yards with a 6.5 moa dot?

Those are 1" squares on that target. I can easily fit the dot within the larger black square of that target. It seems like it looks about the same size as the outside white diamond or the middle black diamond to my eyes. I have an astigmatism apparently so the dot isnt perfect either. Thats with a Trijicon 6.5 dot if that makes any difference. I was worried about the dot being too big but after looking at one there is no way I would go smaller.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Look at BBI (black bullets international). They sell lead coated bullets that won't lead your barrel. I've shot over 2000 rounds with no leading and have another thousand on order

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let's see....you put 5 shots into about 2"x1.5" area. It may not win any target-shooting contests, but I think it will do what needs to be done.
Those 5 in the boiler room of any mammal will get its attention.
In my opinion, it's damned adequate.

The only Berry's bullets I've used have been some 124g 9mm. They shot fine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom