Best AR 10?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shotty

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a buddy he was looking for an AR-10. And I do not know that much about them. Was wanting opinions about which ones that you felt we're in the top four

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's not the most expensive but I like the DPMS Recon. It weighs less than most .308's and is much easier on the back for an old duff like me.....The DPMS Generation II also known as GII and G2 is proving to be a solid evolutionary step in the 308 AR/AR-10 platform. You can pick a new one up for around $1500.00 out the door.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's not the most expensive but I like the DPMS Recon. It weighs less than most .308's and is much easier on the back for an old duff like me.....The DPMS Generation II also known as GII and G2 is proving to be a solid evolutionary step in the 308 AR/AR-10 platform. You can pick a new one up for around $1500.00 out the door.

I have to agree with everything on this post.

I’ve got one of the early Remington R-25’s in 308 that is super accurate and reliable. They were built by DPMS for Remington. I know these Remys got a bad rap on down the road, but the early ones were solid.

I also have the Gen2 and honestly, it is not much heavier than a standard AR, and it is super accurate. I love carrying it over the other on long treks. Only downside with the G2’s is that they are a little more expensive to change parts on and you need to be careful when ordering some parts as they do not all interchange with an AR-15 or an AR-10.

Latest posts

Top Bottom