Best BBQ place around OKC is...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Texlahoma on Waterloo in Edmond. Best BBQ in the damn state, don't care what anybody says I haven't had better.

The okra and slaw is damn good too.

Go check it out, owner is a cool dude, but get there early it's so good they run out.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For OKC, I thought Oklahoma Station and County Line were both pretty good for the northern side of town, but I see they both closed up since I moved in 2010. Swadley's was near where I lived in Moore, and was certainly good enough I'd go there over driving anywhere across town.

I never cared for Earl's much. Also if anyone mentioned Van's I missed it. I wouldn't say they were my favorite but Vanized (twice-baked/smoked) potato was really freakin' good.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Jack Stack in Kansas City is the exception to that rule.

Oh yeah! I will sure second that! I had as chance to go to the one in the Station there in KC a few years ago and I almost exploded eating those dang burnt ends. And I forget exactly what they called it, but it was a big slab of meat on a big bone/handle. Man, that was one good hunk of some kinda smoked beast haunch.

Jack Stack's in Kansas City: Fancy Place, Excellent BBQ. Only problem is its a good bit of a drive from OKC...

k4ylr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
  • Butcher Stand in Wellston is literally award winning. We often head there after Coffee and Cars.
  • Deckles Smokehouse in Edmond has pretty unique flair and I thought it was good
  • Backdoor BBQ on 23rd if you want a killer turkey sandwich or a hell of a deal on a multi-meat platter (Her pastrami is also friggin awesome when she has it on the weekends)
  • Iron Starr is good, but it's leaning towards overly fancy; and that ain't what BBQ
  • Bedlam on 50th is great as well but gets slammed during weekday lunch

Other Food
  • Taste of Korea if you want some dope Korean food
  • Kwans (or Fungs) if you want Dim Sum for brunch
  • Chow's Chinese if you're feeling Chinese-y
  • Tokyo for sushi
  • Texas de Brazil if you want delicious meat delivered via sabre. Who doesn't?
  • Cafe do Brazil if you want South American flair and avoid the wait at Kacao
  • Goro for Ramen
  • Pizzeria Gusto for rustic italian (and Pizza. But also Empire)
  • Scottie's Deli if you recently got a huge bonus and like sammiches. I like Eric's food but damn is it $$$

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh yeah! I will sure second that! I had as chance to go to the one in the Station there in KC a few years ago and I almost exploded eating those dang burnt ends. And I forget exactly what they called it, but it was a big slab of meat on a big bone/handle. Man, that was one good hunk of some kinda smoked beast haunch.

Jack Stack's in Kansas City: Fancy Place, Excellent BBQ. Only problem is its a good bit of a drive from OKC...

You're thinking of their massive beef ("short"?! LOL) rib. REALLY good. Maybe the highlight of the menu. Last time I was there did the three meat meal with that rib, some brisket, and then some bird (don't recall if it was chicken or turkey). It was all excellent. Though I've been several times to a couple locations and never had a bad, or even an AVERAGE meal. It's consistently very, very good.

I've heard they also have excellent steaks, but I've never ordered one. Always done the 'cue.

Lakenut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This.......

Texlahoma on Waterloo in Edmond. Best BBQ in the damn state, don't care what anybody says I haven't had better. The okra and slaw is damn good too. Go check it out, owner is a cool dude, but get there early it's so good they run out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom