Best BBQ place around OKC is...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Texlahoma on Waterloo in Edmond. Best BBQ in the damn state, don't care what anybody says I haven't had better.

The okra and slaw is damn good too.

Go check it out, owner is a cool dude, but get there early it's so good they run out.

It’s good, the guy lives in my neighborhood. He used to have a lawn care business too but he may have gone bbq full time. I ate there with a group of guys at least once a week. The price went up a little and a couple of them are tightwads. We haven’t been for a while.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It’s good, the guy lives in my neighborhood. He used to have a lawn care business too but he may have gone bbq full time. I ate there with a group of guys at least once a week. The price went up a little and a couple of them are tightwads. We haven’t been for a while.

Good Q ain't cheap! Brian def knows what,he is doing.

Uncle TK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Best BBQ depends on what style of BBQ you like.
Dry - Moist
Type of Sauce
Ribs - Brisket - Chicken & Etc
What one person thanks is great over people will call it the worst

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Best BBQ depends on what style of BBQ you like.
Dry - Moist
Type of Sauce
Ribs - Brisket - Chicken & Etc
What one person thanks is great over people will call it the worst
There is no accounting for taste.

Every time we have one of these favorites threads here I see several places listed that I have tried and don't like at all.

I judge a bbq joint by it's ribs. I tried Butcher's ribs and they glaze them with their sauce that is very sweet tasting to me. I didn't care for the sugar sweet flavor. Obviously some people think they are the best but not for me.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is no accounting for taste.

Every time we have one of these favorites threads here I see several places listed that I have tried and don't like at all.

I judge a bbq joint by it's ribs. I tried Butcher's ribs and they glaze them with their sauce that is very sweet tasting to me. I didn't care for the sugar sweet flavor. Obviously some people think they are the best but not for me.

Amen, brother - preach it! It ought to be a mortal sin to cover good meat that’s had a good smoking with a sugary sauce glaze.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
a bit of a drive,,,but McLards in Hot Springs is the absolute best ever,,,ceptin the racks my old friend Charlie Stevens smoked down to Raymond, Mississippi

OKfella

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 'new' Jim's Chicken certainly ain't the same as the 'original' Jim's Chicken....at least to me.
The Swadleys combined with Jim's Fried Chicken? I've was raised on the original Jim's before Swadleys bought em out.

I did the card processing for the original Jim's for many years.....it is definitely not the same now. I eventually just stopped going.

nich018

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Vans BBQ in Norman, last time we got to go ribs, the ribs were overcooked. Didn't taste smoked.
Rays BBQ is alright.
Dickeys is OK
Swadleys OK
GFF Foods overcooked ribs
I just miss ole fashioned smoked bbq!!! Wanna try Butchers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom