Best BBQ place around OKC is...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You said it was THE BEST ......anywhere ? Right ?
I don't think so.

I said it was owned by a former OU and NFL player.
I said he opened a 2nd restaurant in Moore last year.
I said I ate lunch there yesterday.
Never said it was good at all.

Let's see...
Owned by Darroll Ray who played for OU and the Jets.
He opened a 2nd restaurant in Moore last year.
I had lunch there today as a matter of fact.

Maybe you were thinking of someone else in another thread in a galaxy far away.

:haay:

Last edited:

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lots of good BBQ joints mentioned but I can tell you one to stay away from and that's "Rudy's" on Hwy. 9E and Chautauqua in Norman.

My one and only time there was a couple of years ago I stopped in for a brisket sandwich to go around lunch time and took my first bite sitting in the truck, I chewed about three or four times and couldn't even swallow it.....I got out of the truck, walked over to the fuel island and spit the bite in my mouth into the trash can and tossed the remainder of the sandwich in behind it.

To me Rudy's BBQ is just plum nasty tastin'.

Last edited:

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have never eaten at the rays in Norman. But the one in moore sucks. Van's is 10x better. Bad Brad's in Yukon used to be great but I haven't been there in years
When he was selling off of a trailer by the side of the road there was no better que to be had. When the store opened it just wasn't the same. :(

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lots of good BBQ joints mentioned but I can tell you one to stay away from and that's "Rudy's" on Hwy. 9E and Chautauqua in Norman.

My one and only time there was a couple of years ago I stopped in for a brisket sandwich to go around lunch time and took my first bite sitting in the truck, I chewed about three or four times and couldn't even swallow it.....I got out of the truck, walked over to the fuel island and spit the bite in my mouth into the trash can and tossed the remainder of the sandwich in behind it.

To me Rudy's BBQ is just plum nasty tastin'.

Never had a bad meal at Rudy’s and probably eaten at them two dozen times or more. AND Being from central Texas and eating at most of the joints, I know a thing or two....

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe, but their smoked turkey is outstanding!
I am sure it is good, but when I think BBQ it's a casual feast with lots of beer and burping and laughing and cutting up with friends and family!! And I bet it is not as good as what come out of my back yard smoker!!:cool: And it is way better after chasing my granddaughter around the yard all day! That little gal gets around pretty dang good for a sprite LOL.

Latest posts

Top Bottom