Best brand for Cordless Drill (Replacing old Sears)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went crazy with Dewalt 20V stuff but the real answer is whatever the respondent owns.

Started with a drill impact kit, now have two drills, a chain saw, hedge trimmer, blower, recep saw and some I'm probably forgetting.

I’ve got several of the tools as well - I was skeptical and then pleasantly surprised by the performance of the hedge trimmer.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve had Makita, Ridgid, and Milwaukee. I couldn’t tell you if one is definitively better than the others, but I can tell you I wouldn’t want to try to live on the difference. About the only thing that tips it for me is the Milwaukee 1/2” drive impact guns that use the same batteries as their drills and smaller impacts.

It’s hellaciously hard to beat the value on the Ridgid stuff, though. I picked up a drill and light set from Woot.com for cheap (well under $100, IIRC), then added a 1/4” impact driver from Home Depot for about the same price, so I ended up with three tools, three batteries, and two charges for less than the cost of the Milwaukee 1/2” driver bare tool.

I couldn’t tell you anything about the customer service, though, as I’ve never had a cause to use it from any of them.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I can't believe no one is saying the Harbor Freight Bauer or Hercules.

Here ya go...

29d5b2efae634cd0c2083e6e3048d963.jpg

I have used several over the years to make a living with and I now own Milwaukee.

For just around the house, you might be happy with other brands like DeWalt, Hitachi, Makita, Rigid, etc.

Last edited:

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a Craftsman bundle for cheap last year. Got the drill, impact, and circular saw. Oh yeah, and the handy light that never gets used. I've been happy with it so far.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a bunch of Ryobi +1 tools. They're affordable and work. Having a ton of tools take one battery is a plus.

I've also got some of the Dewalt brushless stuff. Noticeably lighter than the Ryobi, works the same. Probably a better tool.

Nothing can beat Makita's LXT line. Great tools, pretty pricey, worth every penny. The best thing about Makita is they are made by Makita. They're not just pieces together with parts from 18 different manufacturers. Makita owns Makita.

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fine.....I'll be the guy. I'm your everyday, plain old DIYer - not a pro....just a guy who like to do stuff.
I've been using RYOBI since the blue days (just had a 15+ year 12V drill finally give it up).
My garage is full of the green now.....miter saw, drills, drivers, sanders, blower, chain saws, circular saws, reciprocating saw, router, trimmer.
All but the miter saw is the 18V ONE+.
Love 'em. Do and done everything I've used them for...good stuff as far as I'm concerned.

Latest posts

Top Bottom