Best ccw for smaller ladies?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdschoonie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My daughter works nights at a hospital, she’s in the process of getting her ccw license. I am wanting to look for the best pistol I can for her, something comfortable for tiny hands. I’d like to see her with a 9mm, but neither I nor she has a fat bank roll. I like the Ruger LC9, but not set on anything. Thinking something for ankle holster. Any ideas? Suggestions?

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My daughter works nights at a hospital, she’s in the process of getting her ccw license. I am wanting to look for the best pistol I can for her, something comfortable for tiny hands. I’d like to see her with a 9mm, but neither I nor she has a fat bank roll. I like the Ruger LC9, but not set on anything. Thinking something for ankle holster. Any ideas? Suggestions?
I think the s&w shield is hard to beat for ccw for anybody not just lady's.I have bought several nice used ones in the $250-$275 range. But there are lots of nice ccw guns and ideally letting her shoot several and picking what she likes is the best situation.
My wife is 5'2" 114lbs and she has no problems shooting my 10mm, training is the most important element. BTW she carriers a kahr ct380 because of its conceal ability for a small built person

Last edited:

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Depending on what you want to spend I really like (and so does my wife) Sig P238/P938 if you don't mind having an external safety. I see many that have great things to say about the P365 but I've not personally owned one so can't really say.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I have the Rugar EC9s, which is just like the LC9 but with fixed sights and a little bit cheaper. But, as was mentioned, the smaller and lighter a gun, the more felt recoil.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife and I have S&W Airweights. I load in both our guns...plain-jane, Winchester White Box 38special, 130grain Full Metal Jacket.
Very little recoil, hammerless so it won't get hung up in my pocket or my wife's purse, and it fits my wife's hand perfectly. She can shoot and handle this gun quite well and enjoys shooting it. It fits in my jeans/dress pants well and no one really notices it...so no need for a holster. The biggest plus is my wife will carry her's and enjoys shooting it. She does not like .380, 9mm, or larger pistol caliber soI'm VERY THANKFUL she likes her .38

***Let her shoot and decide on what SHE LIKES....not what YOU want....or she'll never shoot it or carry it.***

Mine: Black in color with a very tiny hammer.
ed1351904fbad3f41742bf85073a3ef9979fc7d.JPG

Her's: Silver...built in hammer
www.budsgunshop.com_catalog_images_26498_1.jpg

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a P365 fan after owning several small handguns. I've shot a couple of thousand rounds thru four different ones now and it is my favorite small carry. I prefer to carry a larger gun but if the larger one is a revolver, which it usually is, I also tote the P365. It's the perfect backup gun for me but when I cannot carry larger I don't feel handicapped at all with it alone. I usually carry it weak side IWB in a PJ but it works in the pocket as well with the 10 rd mag and a kydex pocket holster. My niece carrys one and loves it. They are a little more expensive but worth it.

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife also shoots the Smith 442 very well loaded with Buffalo Bore wadcutters but she doesn't carry anything but good pepper spray. The J frame is a bedside gun for her. They have been around forever and are a good gun but, being an older Smith fan, I will not own one of their revolvers with a lock. They usually work okay, but just turn my stomach. You can get a few Centennial models, like hers (mine) without the lock. The trigger on them is not the best but most people can learn them well. A good little "get off me" gun..

Latest posts

Top Bottom