Best ccw for smaller ladies?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdschoonie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It would be cool to bring her to an ENS so she could try a bunch of different ones out. But as already said, its hard to beat all the good choices out there now. I'm a J-Frame fan, but also like the vast choices in semi-autos. Stay with a top brand and let her find one that she is comfortable with.
Speaking of which, when is the next ENS?

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Speaking of which, when is the next ENS?

@cdschoonie: Whenever we want it to be. Talk to her, send me a couple of dates by PM and we’ll run one up the pole and see if we can’t get a few folks to join us. Big Boys is a decent indoor range for this. Seriously, this is easy to do. I’ll bring an Airweight, a Glock 43X and a Walther PPS M2. And a Belly Band.

Now how’s that for an offer? This is OSA and we get ‘er done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would also suggest looking at the Ruger LCR in .327 Mag. Range of ammo goes from .32 short (which has about the recoil of a cap gun), .32 long, .32 H&R, to .327 Mag. She could get used to shooting with low power rounds and work up to some decent SD rounds. I believe that Hornady makes a Critical Defense offering in .32 H&R that appears to have good ballistics.

This is another excellent suggestion. (Well, it came from a fellow Jarhead after all) I know one guy here on OSA who has one; I shot it down at Big Boys awhile back and it is one fine gun. The ability to use all that variety of ammo is a real plus. I’ll see if he will come and bring it when we go shoot.

Last edited:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not related to the choice of a firearm, but with regards to her going for her concealed carry permit, remember that if she "qualifies" at the training for the permit with a revolver, all she would be able to carry would be a revolver or derringer. "Qualifying" with a semi-auto would let her carry any of the three types. Then, after getting the permit, she could carry the revolver if that is what she wants.

Now, having said that, I don't know if the CC rules with regards to the above has changed.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
She held this at Academy tonight and liked it.

There's a positive thread on this pistol over in the handgun section. But just because its cheap isn't a reason to buy it. Let's try to get an ENS set up to offer some choices if you are interested in doing so .

cdschoonie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@cdschoonie: Whenever we want it to be. Talk to her, send me a couple of dates by PM and we’ll run one up the pole and see if we can’t get a few folks to join us. Big Boys is a decent indoor range for this. Seriously, this is easy to do. I’ll bring an Airweight, a Glock 43X and a Walther PPS M2. And a Belly Band.

Now how’s that for an offer? This is OSA and we get ‘er done.

Hell of an offer!

cdschoonie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not related to the choice of a firearm, but with regards to her going for her concealed carry permit, remember that if she "qualifies" at the training for the permit with a revolver, all she would be able to carry would be a revolver or derringer. "Qualifying" with a semi-auto would let her carry any of the three types. Then, after getting the permit, she could carry the revolver if that is what she wants.

Now, having said that, I don't know if the CC rules with regards to the above has changed.
Yes, I remember that, thank you!

Latest posts

Top Bottom