Best fast food chicken sammich?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You all's Popeyes must be better than mine because I didn't find anything special about their chicken sandwiches when I tried them.

I guess I'm just not much of a chicken sandwich kinda guy.

Now if you want to talk chicken fried steak sandwiches...

they are crunch, moist/juicy, and I even like the pickles (I hate pickles). They obviously brine the chicken. But, I can see how it could be vary by location.

I do like a good chicken fried steak sandwich. Those are even harder to find than a good fried chicken sandwich.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
they are crunch, moist/juicy, and I even like the pickles (I hate pickles). They obviously brine the chicken. But, I can see how it could be vary by location.

I do like a good chicken fried steak sandwich. Those are even harder to find than a good fried chicken sandwich.

Then it's gotta be Del Rancho!

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You all's Popeyes must be better than mine because I didn't find anything special about their chicken sandwiches when I tried them.
In general, Popeye's (Popeye's'?) quality is highly dependent on the particular store. I always got good food and good service at the one at I-240 and Sooner Road, but the one in Norman made up for being slow by finding new ways to screw up the order (which is probably why they folded after about five minutes). The one in Starkville, MS, had the same problem, but the one down the highway in Columbus was great.

I haven't tried their chicken sandwich, but I'm told that its secret is the spicy mayo-based sauce, so if you get it without, it's a "meh" sandwich.

I eat a lot of Slim Chickens (usually at least once per week), but the chicken sandwich is dang near as expensive as the regular meals, so I haven't convinced myself to try one yet.

My favorite is Chick-fil-A's sandwich.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just had the mcd one; the chicken was juicy and tender, nice texture, but was a bit lacking in flavor. I tasted mostly the pickle. Bun was good

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Braum's isn't bad but the last and only time I had a Popeye chicken sandwich they put heaps of mayo on and ruined it for me.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As said earlier Popeye's quality depends on the location or franchise owner or whatever.
But a decent Popeye's chicken sandwich is better than Chick-fil-a, I think.

Latest posts

Top Bottom