Best Hamburger in OKC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I am very picky, so I usually just make my own. But, on the rare occasion I don't.. I usually go to Louie's. They will have something new to try. For a while they had a burger with half a lb of bbq on it that was 2 meals in 1.

I don't care much for any of the dedicated Burger joints in OKC. They're not exactly bad, just not much better than Whattaburger imo so they don't justify the price. That said, Nic's would be my favorite... just not worth the wait.

If only they would open a Fat Guys in okc!!
Tried fat guys ONCE. Tiny burger, a lot of fries, and a soda...$15!

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tried fat guys ONCE. Tiny burger, a lot of fries, and a soda...$15!

I'm not sure if you're thinking of Fat Guys or Five Guys, but that was my experience at both.

My favorite was Bricktown Burgers, open only for lunch, but alas they closed for good 5 years ago. Since then, no single place stands out to me to call it "the best." There's decent fast food burgers (Burger Street in Tulsa is probably my first choice for a drive thru lane), and decent restaurant burgers, but no place that will make me just want to go there for a burger (in Tulsa or OKC).

I liked Nics alright the 2-3 times I ate there, but it never stood out enough for me to fight the lines and rush to go back.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like Panda Grill!!!
20190105_152547.jpg
panda.jpg
pandaburger.jpg
pandagrill.jpg
pandajuarez.jpg

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Panda Grill is pretty good, Nic’s Place in Midtown is great and I’ve never waited there compared to his original place on Penn.

Geronimo’s on MLK is an OKC legend, call ahead and pick it up.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know I'll get flamed but...
Charcoal Oven was my favorite but it's long gone now.
Red Robin in Norman or on Penn and Memorial is my new favorite because I can get different burgers every time with those damn addicting onion rings or bottomless fries.
Johnny's Theta Burger and onion rings comes close to Charcoal Oven but not quite.
Irma's on 63rd?
Used to be a burger joint on Meridian in the strip mall by Highland Drive called Bunny's?
Coit's was a good one now it's called Nina"s.

I do not like fighting my food so a sloppy burger like the mess above me is out. Don't like wearing my food.

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Irma’s is gone, that Bunny’s on Meridian never measured up to the one on 50th in my opinion, but it was good. I do like the Ceaser burger at Johnnies and Coits was pretty good as well.

Charcoal Oven is missed!

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For just a plain old cheeseburger, Johnnies #8. If I want to doctor it up a little, Earl's BBQ cheddar burger with grilled onion and jalapeno, and their BBQ sauce.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like The Garage over S&B's but they are both good. If we are talking the absolute best - my winner is Tucker's Onion Burger. Seriously... you can't eat it often or you'd probably die, but it's worth it when your'e there! Love that place. Also, some the absolute best milkshakes anywhere.

The one on Classen is probably the best, and Norman is a close second.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For those of you on the road a lot, Denny's has a pretty decent burger. Not the best but I tried one they had called bourbon something or other. Not going to win prizes but not bad at all.

Latest posts

Top Bottom