best kind of mask to clean guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While this won’t answer the OP, I feel it’s a related topic. Has anyone made the switch to a non-toxic type of gun cleaner. I few years ago I tried using the Hoppe’s Elite gun cleaners which did a pretty good job. I recently purchased the Roger Advanced gun cleaning products that are water based cleaners. I’m looking forward to trying the Rogers product because over time I’ve grown to dislike using good old No.9 and brake cleaner.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How about using a small fan blowing across your working area with a garage door open? Not a complete solution, but quite a dilution of the chemical odors if your fan were pointed toward the open door and fresh air coming in to replace it.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of the biggest hazards when cleaning guns is lead. However, lead’s biggest hazard is ingestion since it’s heavy and falls out of the air quickly. So, wash your hands before you eat, drink or smoke and you should be ok.
There may be other aerosolized hazards, such as organic vapors in a solvent, but you’d want an OV cartridge or an open air work area with good airflow.

Latest posts

Top Bottom