Best Mid-Tier AR-15 Platforms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Because they just don't really do anything for me, not really feeling it. Some of their stuff is cool, but I'm not gonna pay $2K+ for their cool. I like their pistol grips though and the fact that they make a MK12 Mod 0 upper.
Yea their complete prices are up there, but their uppers are reasonable for a build,though less reasonable then they use to be

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think your Sig and Aero picks are solid. I’ve heard nothing but good things about Aero. I LOVE me some Sig! My big problem with them is that it seems like they discontinue a lot of guns. I also have heard a lot of good things about BCM. If I didn’t get a Daniel Defense I would have picked BCM. I wouldn’t get a Colt, I think they’re iconic and now that CZ bought them they have a bright future. I have a Wilson Combat Protector AR in the classifieds. It’s about 6 months old and has never been shot. I bought it off a gunbroker auction purely because it was such a steal. I’m selling it for $1200, which is around $25 less than I bought it for. It doesn’t have a forward assist though, but then again how many people use a forward assist. I never have.

ErichS

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think your Sig and Aero picks are solid. I’ve heard nothing but good things about Aero. I LOVE me some Sig! My big problem with them is that it seems like they discontinue a lot of guns. I also have heard a lot of good things about BCM. If I didn’t get a Daniel Defense I would have picked BCM. I wouldn’t get a Colt, I think they’re iconic and now that CZ bought them they have a bright future. I have a Wilson Combat Protector AR in the classifieds. It’s about 6 months old and has never been shot. I bought it off a gunbroker auction purely because it was such a steal. I’m selling it for $1200, which is around $25 less than I bought it for. It doesn’t have a forward assist though, but then again how many people use a forward assist. I never have.
Could you elaborate on what the forward assist is? and is there a way for you to link your listing?

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes good point...Sig makes a heck of a rifle but then you can't get parts.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sig is my favorite handgun manu., but I am shying more away from their rifles the more I look into other manufactures. I think my plan is to snag a Aero Lower and throw the LaRue complete upper on it.
I am the opposite...I prefer max reliability. Glock pistols, Sig rifles :). I'm not buying a piece of wall art or a competition gun.

How much cost diff between the LaRue/Aero combo vs just betting a complete Aero?

ClintC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Quality parts in the right places will give you an excellent rifle. It all depends on what you’re looking for in a rifle. I still say build is better than buying. Plus the right ammo combo will give you vary nice results.

Latest posts

Top Bottom