Best Mid-Tier AR-15 Platforms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last edited:

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
You guys kinda got me wishing that I would have kept the LaRue complete lower I had and bought that complete LaRue upper I eyeballed for months to put on it, but I didn't really like the handguard and couldn't make myself spend that kind of money on something that wasn't exactly what I wanted.

I'm no big time operator, and never will be, so I'll just go with my Aero Precision rifles and be happy. :D

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
You guys kinda got me wishing that I would have kept the LaRue complete lower I had and bought that complete LaRue upper I eyeballed for months to put on it, but I didn't really like the handguard and couldn't make myself spend that kind of money on something that wasn't exactly what I wanted.

I'm no big time operator, and never will be, so I'll just go with my Aero Precision rifles and be happy. :D
For what Aeros are runnin' these days, especially here, I think you shoulda kept the lower and got the MGU.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
For what Aeros are runnin' these days, especially here, I think you shoulda kept the lower and got the MGU.
I don't buy much of anything unless it is a good deal. :)

I got two complete Aeros for the price that one complete LaRue would have cost me.

I do run LaRue MBTs in most everything though.

bigb159

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd plan a build around an Aero lower. Add Aero parts as they go on sale, or step up to some LaRue, Spikes, BCM. If you manage to find some decently-priced DD quadrails, those things become heirlooms it seems. Everything seems to fit Aero nicely, including all the tactigucci stuff like Geiselle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom