Best New Ammo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was expecting some accuracy shooting tests.. just advertisements.

Got me thinking ...My old factory ammo from 30 years ago cheap walmart Remington, Federal and Winchester was very accurate.
Then I ran out and had to get some that was made in 2009..
The accuracy was not there..8-12" groups vs 1"-1.75" ...So did the manufactures make the cheap box Rem. Fed. Win,
ammo less accurate on purpose?

I think they did.. just to sell the general public the Match grade all better wiz bang ammo.

That is my take on it.

Or it could be they loaded the older ammo based on OCW or accuracy nodes known for certain rounds and calibers.
Maybe the accuracy node was in the lower FPS range .. then as people started chasing the speed bug they made the ammo so it has more speed.
Because a lot of people would pick the fastest round...

The manufactures lost their ways as did the public chasing speed..
So now we have more accurate Higher BC ammo tuned to the Higher accuracy node.. and call it Match grade ammo and charge 2x more for it.

Makes you think.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is called "value added". Started back in the late '80s. As a marketing ploy to justify higher prices and profit margins.
Generic, no name, basic, plain Jane, economy, 'Wallyworld' must be CRAP. IF you desire quality, you MUST pay a premium. Why do you think LOGOS are so visible on clothing and shoes? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Latest posts

Top Bottom