Best "Not AR" rifles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Permanent37

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had an itch for a while that can only be scratched with a new rifle. I have too many AR's and want something a bit different. I've been looking at everything from the Tavor and x95 to the ACR, SCAR, CZ805 and other similar rifles in 5.56. Just looking for hands on experience from owners. Do yall have anything that you think is worth adding to my collection? If so, what do you like and dislike compared to the AR?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just picked up a Henry lever action. If you want something that'll drive a tack but isn't the usual "AR copycat" that everyone else has, give it a few shots! Definitely gets you making friends on the range. I pulled it out of the box and had a crowd inside of 5 minutes! And that 45-70 model will definitely put a dent in some steel, but they have calibers that go from .22 up to 45 if your shoulder isn't a recoil eater.

H006-BigBoy-Classic-hero-1.jpg

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
judging by the CZ product i own CZ would be my choice. great quality in fit and finish, i'd like to get one of the 455's with the barrel sets altho i'd only get the 22 mag

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
CZ 527 in 7.62x39....eats anything and is a hoot with the two stage trigger.

That buddy of mine I've mentioned here before has one in 222 and 22hornet. Now he's looking for one in 6.5 Grendel. They are nice rifles!
Indeed they are. I have two; one in 223 and the other in 7.62 x 39. I love both of them.

Also, if you don't mind a bit heavier rifle, the Ruger Gunsite Scout Rifle is good as well. The GSR comes in 223 and 308 Win.

Latest posts

Top Bottom