Best "Not AR" rifles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My mountain gun I use for elk is a 30-06 Browning Stainless Stalker with synthetic stock. 5.9 lbs with an empty mag.
I've carried and used it at long ranges to take 7 elk so far. Long being 425 yards according to the range finder.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it's an auto I heard a wise dude once say that the M14 had the most reliable magazine ever designed. So i'm going M1A with the Garand being a close second just for cool factor.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Favorite rifle I own is a tie between my Springfield M1A Loaded and Browning 1886. Both are classics in their own respect.

My AR's get more use though as I dont care if they get beat up, wet, muddy or dropped. I tend to neglect them and take more care of my pretty guns :D

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At one time, I was talking to a gunsmith in Kansas about dong a conversion of an Ishapore to 7.62 x 39 and re configuring it to a Jungle Carbine appearance. With the modern steel that they have these days, it should be do-able.

I like bolt-action rifles and the 7.62 cartridge is cheap and plentiful.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you’re set on another semi auto m14 is hard to beat. Mini 14’s are okay. The mags and accuracy stifle them for me. I’m a bolt gun guy always be my favorite. I’m also a custom or semi custom guy. Build one to suit your needs is my vote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom