Best pesticide for ticks???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BUDMAN-BILL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My moms front yard is covered with them. Getting on her house dogs and ending up on her. What works best, do I go with liquid or granular and something I can pick up to do it my self.

BUDMAN-BILL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

BUDMAN-BILL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I also got chewys for the dogs from the vet. Kills ticks when they bite the dog. Also keep grass cut low.
Yup, on the chewys. And her yard is/always cut low. I was thinking about doing the yard to keep them off of her as well. Never had a problem with ticks at her house. Always ants but not ticks

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
HG958307_Triazicide_32_fl_oz_ReadytoSpray_Lawn_Insect_Killer_01_Front.jpg

This'll do it.
Easy. Ready to spray. No fuss.
Double it up if the problem is bad.
Available everywhere.
Pretty much any of the "bug sprays" or "bug granules" that are sold at stores.
Any pyrethroid will work.
Cyhalothrin, Bifenthrin, Cypermethrin all work very well.
You can get concentrated formulas at the farm stores and then dilute and spray to your desires.
I'm a huge fan of treating clothes with permethrin to kill ticks if you plan on being in the woods.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My moms front yard is covered with them. Getting on her house dogs and ending up on her. What works best, do I go with liquid or granular and something I can pick up to do it my self.
The ticks on my property are horrible. The monthly tablets for the dogs are very effective. For going on 20 years I've put down granules around the house, barn, and areas where we frequently walk. The 10-15000 sq ft. near the house I double up the amount. I've used Seven and a few other brands. The granules have been very effective. I have a spreader that pulls behind my ztr mower. I think some years I even skipped putting them out. I would rather spray, but time to do it when it's not windy is difficult.

Also a permethrin spray on boots and clothes has worked well for me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom