Best pesticide for ticks???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TeamTomlyn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As long as there aren't any felines that you care for around; use permethrin. I make up a big batch every year. Spray around interior and exterior of every building. Spray areas the dogs like to lay in. Spray all my hiking and outdoor stuff that I am not concerned with sent. Keep a 5 gallon bucket of it with a rag to wipe off the dogs and horses.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tempo is the absolute bomb.
Diazinon granules do a good job. I quit using granules when we got chickens.

Stray cats and squirrels spread lots of ticks and fleas.

Spraying a strong permethryn will keep stray cats away, too. I spray property lines extra heavy.

Matt Giroux

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We back up to a small farm that has multiple animals, and I've used the granulated seven dust normally apply twice a year (spring and fall) before its gonna rain, haven't had any issues with ticks, fleas, or grubs since I started applying it.

BUDMAN-BILL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As long as there aren't any felines that you care for around; use permethrin. I make up a big batch every year. Spray around interior and exterior of every building. Spray areas the dogs like to lay in. Spray all my hiking and outdoor stuff that I am not concerned with sent. Keep a 5 gallon bucket of it with a rag to wipe off the dogs and horses.
This was the first thing I bought. Sprayed her normal pathways to and from her car, her porch, drive way and a 30 yard radius where her dogs do their business. Waiting on the wind to calm down before I lay the granules.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i used to use dursban granuals.. spread them and water in it would last for months. tempo would work but i am not sure about using it around the dogs
Tempo is great stuff. It's ok to use around dogs as long as it dries before allowing the dog where it was sprayed. We spray a border around our home with it. Amazing the number of insects that are killed by it weeks later and we had dogs then. My wife was leery of using it, so I had to get the label out and show her that it was safe around dogs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom