Best place for oil change

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know it’s not in your area, but Steve’s Service is 10 minutes from home in Ponca. Changes oil in everyone of our vehicles when at home for years. He changed the oil in the 7.3 liter F-250 before leaving on this trip.
8 quarts of Valvoline Synthetic, filter change, fill windshield washer reservoir, greased the two zerks, checked rear end grease level, and checked tire pressure.
Bill was $46.00.
I can’t change it myself for that money. I sit 20’ away and watch him do it all in his spotless shop that is a shrine to Route 66.
This guy is a jewel.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know it’s not in your area, but Steve’s Service is 10 minutes from home in Ponca. Changes oil in everyone of our vehicles when at home for years. He changed the oil in the 7.3 liter F-250 before leaving on this trip.
8 quarts of Valvoline Synthetic, filter change, fill windshield washer reservoir, greased the two zerks, checked rear end grease level, and checked tire pressure.
Bill was $46.00.
I can’t change it myself for that money. I sit 20’ away and watch him do it all in his spotless shop that is a shrine to Route 66.
This guy is a jewel.
$46 you better be getting that guy a X-mas card every year

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I use South Pointe Chrysler for the Ram. I get 3 semi-synthetic oil changes for 99.00. Can’t do it myself for that price. You do have to pay the 99.00 when you get the first one.

I won’t use anyone other than the dealer. If they screw something up, it’s on their dime. Plus, they deal with any recalls while they have it.

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How much and what kind if oil does your vehicle take and what did they charge you?
i know you are a good person and busy man. I know you value your family and I get it.
I work afternoon shift and watch grandkids 2-4 mornings a week.
most mornings I am up by 7ish and usually in bed by midnite.
got up at 6:30 this morning to go bike ride for 23 miles.
I punish myself in my free time!!

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Uhh, I don't think that's oil in the black tank..

You are correct, Sir. However, one isn't "changing" it, nor is one having to lift it to get it done.

However, I was incorrect in one matter regarding "oil in an RV." The slides and jacks on our fifth wheel are operated by hydraulics, but even then, one doesn't need to "jack the RV up" if one chooses to change that oil. In fact, all slide and jack hydraulic cylinders need to be retracted to accomplish changing the hydraulic oil.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to have to change the oil, for years now I've chosen to pay someone else to do it because I don't want to do it. Doesn't diminish my manhood, I've probably done way more from a mechanic perspective than most of you Saturday oil change wizards, but I don't have to anymore, and my time is more valuable to me. Plus I don't have to screw with finding some place to take the old oil, clean up the oil spills, properly dispose of the filter and empty containers, and have hot oil drip down my arm and splash into my open mouth while I am cursing about my arm burning... :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom