Best place in the state of Oklahoma or Texas to buy a vehicle?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Driving yesterday and today from Fayetteville Ar to Houston
The only lots I noticed with new cars/trucks were in Arkansas and Texarkana. Haven't got to look much here in Houston yet. Going for the PHO right now.

Phdan

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I might try Billingsley Ford in Lawton or Vance Ford in Guthrie. Both dealerships want to sell cars, found better deals at those dealerships on trades and on purchases than in the city. I will say that I have had good experiences and bad at other local dealerships. It also starts with your frame of mind walking into the dealership.
Wouldn't by a turd from billingley

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
First thing you need to remember is they are not selling you a car, they are selling you a financial package.

Best bet is honestly getting a pre-approval loan from where ever and checking the classifieds here first.

One thing about this place that I like is how honest these people are. Also the ones I have done financial transactions or otherwise are very reasonable.
I'm old and have bought many new vehicles. the last one I wanted to buy an extended warranty, because they are so complicated, and expensive to repair. The dealer offered an after market, extended warranty that he said was better than the manufactutrers extended warrenty, but I didn't just fall off the turmup truck, plus this was far to expensive, and was only 3 and 3 added to the factory warrenty. I decidee to look around. I got on line and found a Mopar extended warranty direct from Chriysler Corp, that covered the exact same things as the new car warrenty, for less money and it was UNLIMITED TIME, AND MILEAGE! SHOP AROUND ON EXTENDED WARRANTY'S!

JR18

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought my Tacoma at post oak. No mark up besides the 1K dealer package that you can’t opt out of. Pretty much all vehicles there are pre sold before ever touching the lot. They did get some solid packages in though. Customer service was so so. Things were smooth sailing till I took possession. The dealership took 2.5 weeks to send paperwork out to my lender and mailed my title 5 days before the temp tag expired, then needed a new title due to USPS loosing it. I would recommend them if you can get a competent sales rep and a finance person who isn’t lazy.
Would not recommend Toyota of Lawton. Sales rep and I had agreed on a price for a SUV, shook hands and put deposit down. Vehicle shows up and the price we had agreed to was no longer valid due to not financing with them even though they knew I wasn’t from the start.

Last edited:

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought my Tacoma at post oak. No mark up besides the 1K dealer package that you can’t opt out of. Pretty much all vehicles there are pre sold before ever touching the lot. They did get some solid packages in though. Customer service was so so. Things were smooth sailing till I took possession. The dealership took 2.5 weeks to send paperwork out to my lender and mailed my title 5 days before the temp tag expired, then needed a new title due to USPS loosing it. I would recommend them if you can get a competent sales rep and a finance person who isn’t lazy.
Would not recommend Toyota of Lawton. Sales rep and I had agreed on a price for a SUV, shook hands and put deposit down. Vehicle shows up and the price we had agreed to was no longer valid due to not financing with them even though they knew I wasn’t from the start.
Yeah, as soon as they say the price we gave you isn't valid and it's going to cost more, the conversation is over and I'm leaving.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Or any other state I guess…

I don’t want to start a discussion and hear all the current stuff everyone is saying about how dealers are marking up prices right now and blah blah blah. We all know how the market is going and how these dealerships are marking prices up.. I don’t absolutely have to buy a vehicle this year but I’m not sure if next year will be a much better time to buy.

I just want to hear of your past experiences at new or used car dealerships in the state of OK or TX. I don’t mind driving to Tulsa if it means getting a good deal or even Dallas…

I am curious to hear of any members that have bought a car recently and how it went at whichever dealership you chose.

We are wanting to buy a SUV by the end of the year since kiddo #2 will be here next year.. I figure the month of December (preferably the last week) is the best time to buy a vehicle. No real preference on brand. We just know we want some form of SUV again since she stupidly sold her Ford Explorer. Oh well, live and learn.

Hell, I’m even open to buying from one of you if you got something me and my wife may like…

Thanks OSA. Hope to hear y'all's input.
Doug Gray Ford in Sayre. When they give you the price there are no fees or surprises.
Doug Gray also has other brands but Ford is the only one I’ve done business with.

Latest posts

Top Bottom