Best place in the state of Oklahoma or Texas to buy a vehicle?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reynolds Ford in Norman has always done right by me and my family. Dale Daniels recently sold it to the Cavender (IIRC) family out of San Antonio, so it's now Comfort Ford, but the Reynolds management team is basically still in place; I'd expect to get the same great customer experience as before, but I haven't dealt with them since the change in ownership, so I can't swear to it.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’d like to buy another car also but this Biden administration has me on hold with their rules, EO’s, regulations on petroleum. He is anti-American, pro-Saudi/China.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Heres my list from personal experiance.

Toyota of Ardmore, I have used alot, always been treated well. Recently tho they low balled my trade in so I looked elsewhere and was offered $8,000 more. Service department is normally spot on.

Mike Hellock Chevy in Davis was very good the one time I purchased from them. Had some minor issues with the parts department but we overcame those, service department was good. Would use them again.

Post Oak Toyota midwest city. My last 2 vehicles have come from there, over all not bad. The 2nd buying experience was much smoother than the first. They offered me a very fair trade in for my 4 runner, which I had purchased there, and bought the 2022 tundra I am driving now a month ago.
We did have a pretty big post sale communication issue but the GM stepped in and resolved it and everyone is good to go.

Since 2013 all of my vehicles have come from these 3 dealerships, over all I am pleased.

myappliancestore

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 2017 Tahoe PPV with 58k miles good condition for sale $29000 great with little ones the rubber floors clean up easy.

Attachments

• C3819991-CB97-4D32-9BA5-40A7E8CBDDFB.jpeg
    C3819991-CB97-4D32-9BA5-40A7E8CBDDFB.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • FD7CB368-2CFC-407D-9D55-8C8FD69452B6.jpeg
    FD7CB368-2CFC-407D-9D55-8C8FD69452B6.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I bought my last 3 vehilces out of state; one in Corpus Christi, one in Colorado Springs and the other in Houston.
It was a matter of finding the vehicle I wanted in stock and then cutting a deal. The last one, I had trucked in from CO Springs.

I never even thought about Colorado Springs until you brought it up. Got to looking online at dealerships there and they are a few thousand dollars cheaper for the same cars we find in OKC. Plus, I’m fairly close to Colorado Springs.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last year, I bought my daughter’s used/lease return Jeep Compass at Shottenkirk Toyota in Granbury, TX, and it was a really easy transaction. If you’re looking for a used vehicle, I’d recommend searching their inventory.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I have a 2017 Tahoe PPV with 58k miles good condition for sale $29000 great with little ones the rubber floors clean up easy.

A little big for us but… Wow, you sure you’d sell that for $29,000? I’ve seen those with more miles going for more dollars. I think there’s one local to me that has close to 100,000 miles or more and they want $40,000+ for it.

Edit: maybe I was wrong. Was unaware of what a PPV model was until I looked it up. $29,000 may be right. Not sure.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Or any other state I guess…

I don’t want to start a discussion and hear all the current stuff everyone is saying about how dealers are marking up prices right now and blah blah blah. We all know how the market is going and how these dealerships are marking prices up.. I don’t absolutely have to buy a vehicle this year but I’m not sure if next year will be a much better time to buy.

I just want to hear of your past experiences at new or used car dealerships in the state of OK or TX. I don’t mind driving to Tulsa if it means getting a good deal or even Dallas…

I am curious to hear of any members that have bought a car recently and how it went at whichever dealership you chose.

We are wanting to buy a SUV by the end of the year since kiddo #2 will be here next year.. I figure the month of December (preferably the last week) is the best time to buy a vehicle. No real preference on brand. We just know we want some form of SUV again since she stupidly sold her Ford Explorer. Oh well, live and learn.

Hell, I’m even open to buying from one of you if you got something me and my wife may like…

Thanks OSA. Hope to hear y'all's input.
Russel honda in Houston, deal was good enough I flew down and drive back.. f these fools and their markups

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sewell in Dallas. Best customer service I have ever experienced with a dealership, before, during and after purchase. My wife is on her 4th vehicle through them. They have delivered to OKC free of charge even without a hard commitment from us.

Most recently, my wife had an accident last November. OKC auto body shops said they couldn’t get her in until January and likely wouldn’t get it back before end of February or first of March. She called Sewell and they said they could get her in December 17th and we had it back the second week of January.

A buddy of mine is an auto buyer for dealerships and he said they can usually meet or beat his prices. He said everyone that works there must have a college degree and it shows in their professionalism.
Agreed about Sewell, Park Place for any luxury brand or good used

Latest posts

Top Bottom