Best place in the state of Oklahoma or Texas to buy a vehicle?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
So many phone calls with Kia dealerships within 500 mile radiuses… We were going to do a deal with Kalidy Kia in Edmond and order a Carnival since they’re in state and only 4.5hrs from us. Turns out they “market adjust” above MSRP so they lost our potential business.

I wanted to ask them if we could “market adjust” the price they were going to give us for our trade in but they aren’t worth even dealing with in my opinion. Hope Kia quits sending Vehicles to Kalidy.. They are giving Kia a bad reputation.

But we Finally found a Kia dealership that doesn’t screw you over so going to do business with them. And they’ll pay for a plane ticket to go pick the car up when it comes in. No market adjustments and no “dealer add on fees”…

Michael M

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Or any other state I guess…

I don’t want to start a discussion and hear all the current stuff everyone is saying about how dealers are marking up prices right now and blah blah blah. We all know how the market is going and how these dealerships are marking prices up.. I don’t absolutely have to buy a vehicle this year but I’m not sure if next year will be a much better time to buy.

I just want to hear of your past experiences at new or used car dealerships in the state of OK or TX. I don’t mind driving to Tulsa if it means getting a good deal or even Dallas…

I am curious to hear of any members that have bought a car recently and how it went at whichever dealership you chose.

We are wanting to buy a SUV by the end of the year since kiddo #2 will be here next year.. I figure the month of December (preferably the last week) is the best time to buy a vehicle. No real preference on brand. We just know we want some form of SUV again since she stupidly sold her Ford Explorer. Oh well, live and learn.

Hell, I’m even open to buying from one of you if you got something me and my wife may like…

Thanks OSA. Hope to hear y'all's input.
I just bought my car in Wichita this last Monday.
Saved thousands compared to the dealerships in OK and the Dallas area.
It was a 2 1/2 drive from Norman and well worth the drive

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
New cars I liked both Johnson's of Kingfisher and Carter Chevrolet in Okarche. Worth the drive out of the city imo. I've been buying my used trucks and suv's at Big S auto in Blanchard. Most are high miles but they cherry pick what they buy and all of them are in very good condition. They have a GMC Yukon right now I may check out for the wife. They don't charge doc fees or play games. Here is my one owner 2002 Dodge Ram 4x4 I bought from them in prestine condition.

https://bigsautosales.com/

Attachments

• 20220730_093039.jpg
    20220730_093039.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Wife and I have been dealing with Diffee Ford in El Reno for years.

Check out their website to see what they have and at what prices.

Diffee Ford

There are a bunch of Ford Explorers on their website.
We used them for the first time on the referral of a friend who is friends with one of Diffee owners when ordered our 21' then reordered our 22' Bronco. It was the most miserable dealer experience we've ever had. They did honor selling it to us at MSRP as agreed to, we still won't be going back.

A lot of "where you want to buy" depends on the vehicle. For example when I was looking for a later model Ford Ranger 4x4 Level 2, Rangers in general in Oklahoma aren't that popular. It's crammed full of full size, so selection was limited and anything that fit fhe bill was way over priced. Missouri and Arkansas however are just full of them, and cheap or at least they were before the used vehicle shortage. Any Jeep product, Colorado is full of them. F350 and Excursions, Texas is loaded with them. Tesla? Dallas and Austin. FB market place is great. It's easy to search, will be cheaper than a dealer, and you can look at the sellers profile and see how the live and possibly even pics of the vehicle for sale. I thought I found a jeep for my daughter in Kansas once. Exactly what we were looking for and price was good. Started nosing through the sellers profile pics and there's multiple pics of the jeep buried in a river up to the steering wheel lol. Couple pics of it in a shop with the engine sitting next to it on the ground.......we passed on it of course.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll say it. Seth Wadley

Also heard lots of good things about Mike Helleck. However, my son was in there last week and show room was completely empty.

I bought a silverado from Mike Helleck, was a very good experience as I posted a page or two back. No BS pricing, straight up front and do what they agreed to.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought my Tacoma at post oak. No mark up besides the 1K dealer package that you can’t opt out of. Pretty much all vehicles there are pre sold before ever touching the lot. They did get some solid packages in though. Customer service was so so. Things were smooth sailing till I took possession. The dealership took 2.5 weeks to send paperwork out to my lender and mailed my title 5 days before the temp tag expired, then needed a new title due to USPS loosing it. I would recommend them if you can get a competent sales rep and a finance person who isn’t lazy.
Would not recommend Toyota of Lawton. Sales rep and I had agreed on a price for a SUV, shook hands and put deposit down. Vehicle shows up and the price we had agreed to was no longer valid due to not financing with them even though they knew I wasn’t from the start.

My last 2 vehicles came from them. 1st one was so so, 2nd the sale was on spot, in and out in under 2 hours, like I like.

Had some issues after that but when the GM got involved everything smoothed out, got my questions answered and would buy again from them.

Yes it takes a awhile to get your MSO and forms to get it tagged and titled, we were down to a week before my temp tag expired.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just bought my car in Wichita this last Monday.
Saved thousands compared to the dealerships in OK and the Dallas area.
It was a 2 1/2 drive from Norman and well worth the drive
We have driven Jeeps, and Dodge Trucks for 25 years and are well pleased with the product. Dealers are another matter. We have delt with Milton on Claremore, they welched on a deal they made, with me, The last new vehicle we bought at Jim Glover Owasso. There Ok like all of them you have to watch them. They tried to sell me a after market extended warranty, and said it was better than the factory extended warrenty, but I didn't just fall off the turnip truck. This was 3&3 added to the 3&3 that came with the SUV, I looked on line and fouind a Morpar factory extended warranty that is exactly the same as the new car warrenty, and is UNLIMITED TIME, AND MILES, considerably cheaper than the one they were pushing! Crown jeep/Dodge in Bristow, in my opinion, has the best maintenance/service department I know of! They have proven to be good AT WHAT THEY DO, AND ABOVE ALL HONEST! THEY HAVE SAVED ME MONEY, AND TROUBLE ON AT LEAST TWO OCCASIONS, AND I PLAN ON BUYING MY NEXT NEW VEHICLE FROM THEM, EVEN IF I HAVE TO ORDER IT, THEY ARE A SMALL DEALERSHIP!

USAF Retired

Marksman
Reaction score
We usually scour the internet when looking for a vehicle. We have purchased some new but we usually find a preowned with 5K to 7.5K miles. Lincoln, Lexus, Ford, and now a Genesis from as far away as Philadelphia or as close as Tulsa purchased sight unseen. Never have had an issue. Usually have they shipped but the last one, a 2021 Genesis GV80, came from Sewell's in Dallas. They were very easy to work with. We took the Heartland Flyer to Fort Worth (the second time we have used the Heartland Flyer and it is a Great Ride). The salesperson from Sewell's picked us up and and after a fairly quick (the salesman was training a new guy) paperwork session we were on our way. No local dealer wanted to come close to the Sewell price. I have to say I was pleasantly impressed with Sewell's operation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom