1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Best place to buy a suppressor in Tulsa

Discussion in 'NFA & Class III Discussion' started by Russ, Apr 1, 2019.

1. rawhide

rawhide Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Went by Woodland Sports today. Good store and staff.

2. JD8

JD8 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I've typically used Sportsworld due to the kiosk but recently went to Woodland sports and bought a suppressor. Nice guys and they have a lot of stock, will be going back. Will have to check out SCI as JJ recommended, bought my safe there but I didn't know they had suppressors. They're good people.

3. Skiluvr03

Skiluvr03 Sharpshooter

If I can hijack, because I’m too tired to look it up, but, one gets a stamp first for a specific caliber, than can buy the suppressor, right? Have they come down in price yet, for a decent one? Last I checked, it was about 600 - 1200 for a good suppressor and about 75 bucks, and a lot of time for the stamp? I wear hearing aids, so noice pollution is definitely an issue with me. We are so behind the times in Oklahoma as gas as using suppressors; in many States, they have a lot of fun ranges where you can’t shoot unless you have a suppressor, due to safety reasons and noise issues with neighborhoods. Actually, I saw a special on TV, which was about a year ago, so it’s moving slow, to where they were going to do away with the suppressor restrictions altogether; this is rooted back I. The prohibition days, but, hearing conservation is outweighing these old, useless laws.

4. Glocktogo

Glocktogo Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Top shelf cans are still expensive, but even the bargain priced cans are better these days than they used to be. Sometimes you'll find sales where they throw in a free tax stamp ($200 value) and a "One Shot Trust" on Silencer Shop is only $25. If you go to a Silencer Shop affiliated store with a kiosk, you can pretty much get everything handled with one stop.

Tl;dr: It's easier than ever before to get into the NFA world, so jump in! :)

5. NikatKimber

NikatKimber Moderator Staff Member

Rating
    100%
    Depends what caliber. The YHM Turbo series is a good value for the 5.56 calibers. ~$350 plus $200 tax stamp.

A lot of the pistol cans are a little higher due to the piston.