Best Portrait Tattoo Artist

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am wanting to get a portrait tattoo of my dad done, and was wondering if anybody had any suggestions. I really like Nikko Hurtado's work, but was wondering if there were any other artist just as good as him...that are closer to Oklahoma.

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My buddy Tony in Midwest city is pretty good. He did a piece of our two kids on my wife's back that looks really good. ADI 405-739-0102. Tell him Ray sent you.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nikkos out in the desert in San Bernadino County,Cali now. Its for life man. And 'you get what you pay for' is not just a phrase,its the truth. Spend the money to get the best. No offense to the suggested OKC artists, Ive heard theyre great. But save up and go see Nikko if thats who you really want. You wont be satisfied with any one else.

Ive had to travel to conventions,etc to get work by guys I really wanted work from: Brandon Bond,David Boldt,Paul Booth,etc, and I'm glad I did. It was worth the time,effort and money to get collectable pieces. Still. I go see a guy in Ft Smith for some simple black&gray stuff here and there just because I like his work. He's not world class,I just like his work and I heal good. Not because he's closeby and not too expensive. And I own part of a shop.

Ryan78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nikkos out in the desert in San Bernadino County,Cali now. Its for life man. And 'you get what you pay for' is not just a phrase,its the truth. Spend the money to get the best. No offense to the suggested OKC artists, Ive heard theyre great. But save up and go see Nikko if thats who you really want. You wont be satisfied with any one else.

Ive had to travel to conventions,etc to get work by guys I really wanted work from: Brandon Bond,David Boldt,Paul Booth,etc, and I'm glad I did. It was worth the time,effort and money to get collectable pieces. Still. I go see a guy in Ft Smith for some simple black&gray stuff here and there just because I like his work. He's not world class,I just like his work and I heal good. Not because he's closeby and not too expensive. And I own part of a shop.

Totally agree.... I was just trying to see if there was anyone as good as Nikko that is closer to here than California. If not I am definitely going to see Nikko. This is going to be the most important tattoo I have ever got, so I am just trying to see what is out there before I make my decision.

jeffsoward

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nikko or Aaron Bell (Seattle). I've been a fan of both of them for a LONG time. If I ever had the time and money, I'd go to one of them for the portrait idea for my back piece.
Design work isn't anything like a portrait. So I would leave it to the best. Just a little, tiny difference can ruin a portrait piece.

Nikko would be my first choice, Aaron a close second.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If Kat Von D has him come in here and there to do portraits then the guy is as good as it gets IMO as she and Cory Miller are the bomb at portraits. Nikko though just adds a little somethingsomething extra to his portraits that they or no one else does. You want oldskool you go to Sailor Jerrys,horror black&gray Paul Booth,biomechanicals Brandon Bond,fantasy David Boldt,Old English and Latin inspired black&gray Cartoon,portraits Nikko or maybe Kat or Cory,etcetc. Everything else I would trust to the locals.

Latest posts

Top Bottom