Best price on a threaded 223?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
The wife asked me what I wanted for Christmas. I want a threaded 223 bolt gun. Not picky on which brand. Savage,TC,etc. who has the best deal right now.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Both of my savage axis .223 Bolt rifles have a lot of lead (I can seat the bullet out farther than my 5.56 AR before reaching the lands) and when reloading ammo I do not have to push the shoulder back as far as I do on one of the 5.56 rifles I have.
2 other 5.56 rifles will shoot my bolt gun loads but one is tight and you must NOT gently seat the round.

So as far as my bolt rifles and 223 or wylde or 5.56 I suppose it depends on who cut the chamber.
I do not put much thought into what the chamber is called as I just load what the gun likes.
I feel too many people and too many cooks in the kitchen to get every chamber to exactly what the next gun is.

My savage Axis rifle with no threaded barrel is the only gun I have that has shot under 1" at 300 yards for 3 shots.
That gun just sticks them where you aim every time.
I also have a Savage Axis SR (threaded muzzle) .223 and I measured the barrel taper and the barrel is actually thinner than the non threaded one until you get to the larger end they made to put the threads on.
For what that is worth.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
7A23996B-C806-48A1-8FED-5B07BD2F5997.png

I Found one $225 after rebate with free shipping

Defcon Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Both of my savage axis .223 Bolt rifles have a lot of lead (I can seat the bullet out farther than my 5.56 AR before reaching the lands) and when reloading ammo I do not have to push the shoulder back as far as I do on one of the 5.56 rifles I have.
2 other 5.56 rifles will shoot my bolt gun loads but one is tight and you must NOT gently seat the round.

So as far as my bolt rifles and 223 or wylde or 5.56 I suppose it depends on who cut the chamber.
I do not put much thought into what the chamber is called as I just load what the gun likes.
I feel too many people and too many cooks in the kitchen to get every chamber to exactly what the next gun is.

My savage Axis rifle with no threaded barrel is the only gun I have that has shot under 1" at 300 yards for 3 shots.
That gun just sticks them where you aim every time.
I also have a Savage Axis SR (threaded muzzle) .223 and I measured the barrel taper and the barrel is actually thinner than the non threaded one until you get to the larger end they made to put the threads on.
For
Why would you set the shoulder back? That causes hard chambering .

Latest posts

Top Bottom