Best semi auto compact .22 pistol?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R D Harmon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Taurus P22 that I had to replace the buffer in, now perfect. A sig Mosquito I had to send back because of trigger failure. They rebuilt it and did a smooth trigger job and it is fantastic.
Ruger SR 22. All 3 now digest anything I run through them.

V98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A lot of these mentioned aren’t very compact. The one I used to own and wish I still had is the Beretta 70s. The Bobcat is a fun little pistol too.
I had A21’s in .22LR and .25ACP. Loved ‘em both. They’re still in the family. Gave them to the girls. Great little purse gun.

Okiedog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My little fun gun Browning Black Label .22 IMG_0527.JPG

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bought my wife a Taurus PT22 (Bobcat clone) and it works pretty well. Mag has to be slammed in pretty hard to latch, but other than that is a very small 6+1 .22 pocket gun.
I would love for my wife to try one. She has a Smith 637 she complains is to heavy, and she has never even fired it. I fully expect her to shoot it once and never carry it again.

LarryM

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I read the reviews on the Beretta Bobcat. It is light, cheap ammo and I can tell when there is a round in the chamber because it "flips up" at the touch or a lever. Te other semi-autos one has to pull back to see if one is in the chamber which is awkward for me due to arthritis.
I have a Bobcat 21A and am very happy with it, I think it's probably the safest handgun to carry loaded! Put the safety on and half cocked, then if hurried all you have to do is with your thumb flip the safety off and pull the trigger, the first shot is a harder trigger pull than the other (7) are half as hard to fire, you can read why.
20035909.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom