Best sight pusher for Glocks?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nic D.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a few Glocks and I want to buy a rear sight pusher. all my guns are 9 and 40. I’m tired of getting hit for $25 every time I put on new sights. What is the best and easiest way to do this? I am mechanically inclined but not a gunsmith. Thanks in advance for the responses.

HarryBear

HB
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just use a punch and wrap it in a towel so it doesn't mare up the pistol finish.
Easy peasy.
Center it as possible.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
A steel punch and a 4oz hammer.
That's what I did wrong. I used a marshmallow and a 22oz framing hammer.

1646164031421.png

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a few Glocks and I want to buy a rear sight pusher. all my guns are 9 and 40. I’m tired of getting hit for $25 every time I put on new sights. What is the best and easiest way to do this? I am mechanically inclined but not a gunsmith. Thanks in advance for the responses.
Go for it. I’ve had a Glock sight pusher for years, and it’s paid for itself multiple times.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is there a reason to not use a brass punch instead of steel?
___

It really depends on the sight and how tightly it fits the dovetail. On really tight fitting sights a brass punch will begin to deform before the sight moves. A steel punch with a smooth face won’t harm the sight or firearm if you apply the force correctly.

An inexpensive digital caliper and a decent Swiss file can make the job easier, too.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is there a reason to not use a brass punch instead of steel?
___
Brass rubs off on a steel sight. Brass deforms and reduces the energy from the hammer. There’s not a sight I can’t get on unmarried with a polished steel punch flattened on one side, my little hammer , and my 60 and or 65 degree dovetail sight files. And some locktite for good measure

Latest posts

Top Bottom