Best Smoked Meat take out in Broken Arrow or near by.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
..I'll never go back to burnco. It was mediocre and bland...
Burnco's baby back ribs and fattie do not fit your descriptive adjectives.
Alternatives, but not in BA, are Elmer's south of Brookside and Albert G's both downtown and 44th & Yale.
The only thing good about rib crib is their cowboy beans; the brisket is nothing more than pot roast.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Burnco's baby back ribs and fattie do not fit your descriptive adjectives.
Alternatives, but not in BA, are Elmer's south of Brookside and Albert G's both downtown and 44th & Yale.
The only thing good about rib crib is their cowboy beans; the brisket is nothing more than pot roast.
I was comparing the two because ribcrib sucks too. The only places I get BBQ from anymore are in Newcastle and Chickasha, so I don't have an alternative suggestion to post.

This was also several years ago. 2012-2016 somewhere in there.
The neighbor was in 6 months ago

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not into rib crib either. Their ribs are typically pulled pork that has been reheated too many times at least at the Ponca location.
Other locations may have enough volume of sales they can keep fresh ones coming out.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Smokies may get a call in the morning as well as OK Joe’s. See who has enough for our small crowd.
Thanks everyone for the suggestions![emoji106]

Smokies sides are good to great, but stick to pork. I ordered sliced brisket one time and it came out razor thin like they’re gonna put it on a sandwich. I inquired and the manager or boss man came out and said that’s the only way it came from the food distributor. I says, ‘you don’t cook brisket on-site, like with wood’? And he said, no way man. I ain’t never been back.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Billy Rays is ok, great cat fish but the rest of their meat is way to dry for me. Smokies is my go to BBQ place. As far as smokies not smoking their own brisket, I dunno about that as i've seen them pulling it and slicing it while I was there. Not saying you are lying GP, but I think rather whoever you talked to was bs'ing ya. Either way, I like all of their meats and their ribs are the only ones my wife likes as they don't use liquid smoke (or at least a very minimal amount) unlike Billy Sims, Rib Crib, Stonemill and a couple of other places. I've not eaten at Ok Joes in a while, but I do remember I like their food.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Albert G's ribs, their brisket is decent as is the turkey.

OK Joes is OK.

Burnco is really good, but their take out process is wonky.

You have to call within certain times to order for the next day, IIRC.

They best deal I got there was going in late in the day, the guy made me a tray with a bunch of the left over meats, was a lot of meat, at a great price.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Albert G's ribs, their brisket is decent as is the turkey.

OK Joes is OK.

Burnco is really good, but their take out process is wonky.

You have to call within certain times to order for the next day, IIRC.

They best deal I got there was going in late in the day, the guy made me a tray with a bunch of the left over meats, was a lot of meat, at a great price.
The Refugee Plate at Burnco is one of the best deals in all of BBQ. Haven't been in a couple of years, but it was $7.50 with drink and more food than my wife and I could eat. I saw some folks come in that were there specifically for the RP. You don't get to choose what's on it. It's what's leftover after the the most popular meats are sold out. Also, right before Covid, Burnco was doing an all you can eat brunch at Cains Ballroom. Great food and more than I could possibly eat, although I tried.

Burnco praises aside, this doesn't really help Dennis. If it were me wanting BBQ in BA, I'd go to OK Joe's. Not the greatest BBQ in my opinion but pretty good.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I usually stay at that Stoney Creek hotel right there by Oklahoma Joe's when I'm in the area for work. Maybe I've had bum luck but the few times I've gone there for lunch it's been marginal at best.
I've had Oklahoma Joe's a few times (a few catered lunches at work and once eating at the location across from Stoney Creek), and I think your experience matches mine. It's not bad, but it's nothing to write home about. I don't like their fried okra (seriously, who barely batters and then fries whole okra pods?), and there was something else I didn't care for (maybe it was that they insist on putting sauce on everything).

Also, they only serve Pepsi products (at least they offer Dr. Pepper), but that seems to be par for the course in this yankeefied part of the state. Pepsi and BBQ is just sinful.

Latest posts

Top Bottom