Best Smoked Meat take out in Broken Arrow or near by.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Engineman1960

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don’t know how far outside BA you want to go -- Luke’ BBQ on HWY 51 towards Coweta; about 7 miles from Reasor’s in BA.

Never ate there, but a guy I work with, brings it in all the time (he doesn’t want to share -- there isn’t any leftovers) -- Drive by all the time when I go to the Gun Range.

On HWY 51; a bit past the traffic signal at Oneta Road -- Orange building on your left (North side of the highway) -- Sign reads Meats and More -- If you see the large propane tanks; you have gone to far !!!!

https://restaurantguru.com/Meats-n-More-and-Smokin-Sisters-BBQ-Broken-Arrow

Its never the food; its always the family and friends !!!!!!!

Last edited:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Burnco is the best, hand down. Never taken anyone there, that knew BBQ, that didn't love it.

Franklin's is decent, better than Oklahoma Joe's, but from my experience, they can run out quickly too. You might want to call ahead.

It's not close but Mac's out of Skiatook is REALLY good too, they are up there with Burnco.

Last edited:

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Billy Rays is ok, great cat fish but the rest of their meat is way to dry for me. Smokies is my go to BBQ place. As far as smokies not smoking their own brisket, I dunno about that as i've seen them pulling it and slicing it while I was there. Not saying you are lying GP, but I think rather whoever you talked to was bs'ing ya. Either way, I like all of their meats and their ribs are the only ones my wife likes as they don't use liquid smoke (or at least a very minimal amount) unlike Billy Sims, Rib Crib, Stonemill and a couple of other places. I've not eaten at Ok Joes in a while, but I do remember I like their food.

Well, I’m a lot of things but a liar ain’t one of them. It has been 3-4 years, so maybe they’ve added real brisket now? If so, I’d be willing to try them again. Like I said, their pork and sausage stuff was good to great. Just being a stubborn Texan, a bbq joint better do brisket and well. Brisket is king!
I’ve got a brother-in-law who probably eats there once a week or so and they love it.

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for all the tips and discussion.
Looks like Smokies Hickory House BBQ gets the nod this trip.
Called in an order for our group to be picked up at 2:30.
We will have to try Burnco in the future though.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had Oklahoma Joe's a few times (a few catered lunches at work and once eating at the location across from Stoney Creek), and I think your experience matches mine. It's not bad, but it's nothing to write home about. I don't like their fried okra (seriously, who barely batters and then fries whole okra pods?), and there was something else I didn't care for (maybe it was that they insist on putting sauce on everything).

Also, they only serve Pepsi products (at least they offer Dr. Pepper), but that seems to be par for the course in this yankeefied part of the state. Pepsi and BBQ is just sinful.
i'm too white to drink coke

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for all the tips and discussion.
Looks like Smokies Hickory House BBQ gets the nod this trip.
Called in an order for our group to be picked up at 2:30.
We will have to try Burnco in the future though.
I hope ya'll enjoy your get together...and I'm really glad for your relative.

Latest posts

Top Bottom