Best Steak in OKC...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ribeye? Or prime rib. I wasn’t aware they started serving ribeye.

Ken was living full time at Lake Eufaula since at least the late 90s. He would come in for 3 days a week to run the restaurant. His daughter ran it for quite a while. He had someone else running after she stopped, but he was still there and I saw his daughter near the restaurant a few times. Had quite a few great conversations with him. He grew many of the vegetables that were on the salad bar.

I hope he is doing well. He would have to be in his mid 80s by now.

Yep you're right prime rib, was "multitasking" when I wrote that

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where are you buying good man sized steaks for less than $10? Do you eat small portions when you have steak?

I buy ribeyes at my local grocery store for about $5.99 - $6.99lb. But that's only when I'm out of fresh beef that I usually buy by the half. It usually lasts us a year or so. And we pay around $4.50 - $5.25lb. Which makes the steaks cheap but the ground beef kinda high. But my God! It tastes so much better than grocery store hamburger meat.

Judi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Other option:

Buy a prime tomahawk from Costco. Apply salt, pepper, garlic and some good butter. Sousvide at 123° for 2.5 hours. Remove, pat dry, and apply nuclear levels of heat via whatever method at your disposal.

Bingo bango, best steak around.

I'm trying to get taken out for dinner....

Some nice places being mentioned here.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I buy ribeyes at my local grocery store for about $5.99 - $6.99lb. But that's only when I'm out of fresh beef that I usually buy by the half. It usually lasts us a year or so. And we pay around $4.50 - $5.25lb. Which makes the steaks cheap but the ground beef kinda high. But my God! It tastes so much better than grocery store hamburger meat.
Give 'em hell, GED.
I'm with ya!

Judi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ok, I appreciate all the feedback. Looks like the hubby will be taking me out to dinner several times so I can put my favorite in the conversation. Now, what the heck are lamb fries??? Never heard of them before....and the house dressing-a vinaigrette? I love a great house dressing! Thanks for the recipes, cooking tips, and invites for dinner...might try them all! lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom