Best Steak in OKC...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HeyEng

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think most of the people that talk **** about cattleman's are just trying to be pretentious and act like they are above cattleman's. Eat where you like but if you think cattleman's ain't good you need to get your tongue looked at

I will politely disagree. I don't think it's pretentious to say that one PREFERS another steak from another steakhouse and to say otherwise is, well, absurd. Last thing I care about in my life is what others think about me...as a mater of fact, my will stipulates that my obit be nothing more than a death notice..."HeyEng is dead. There will be no service."

I like a good steak and in MY opinion, Cattlemen's ain't it. ;)

Yep. Boar's Nest in Duke is pretty good, and BackDoor in Blair is pretty good.
You could always come to SW Oklahoma. Altus and environs is only two hour west ifin you have a heavy foot.
Come see us!

Is BackDoor still owned by the fella that owns a mess load of restaurants in Altus? I recall it wasn't very good and part of the cotton mafia...so...well...

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is BackDoor still owned by the fella that owns a mess load of restaurants in Altus? I recall it wasn't very good and part of the cotton mafia...so...well...
As far as I know it still is.
I think it was more a part of the wheat /cattle cartel which has a lot of crossover with the cotton mafia so you never know. I just said the steak is "pretty" good. Everybody says it's pretty good but we aint got much to pick from. People should just be polite. If you're hungry and you got good teeth you'll be just fine at any of these places.

Judi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, lamb fries, sheep fries, pig fries--- a big NO for me. the house dressing in most places is a wine and vinegar mix with their own seasonings in it. I'm leaning towards maybe Mickey Mantle's or Castle Falls. But I think I have to try all of them and rate them myself. Hubby is going to tell me he said one dinner-not six. Oh well, a girl can try, right? I will let you know my verdict. But I think everyone enjoys a different cut of steak and cooked their way, so I think you may all have the number one steakhouse favorite. Thanks so much again.
So many steaks, so little time.......

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, lamb fries, sheep fries, pig fries--- a big NO for me. the house dressing in most places is a wine and vinegar mix with their own seasonings in it. I'm leaning towards maybe Mickey Mantle's or Castle Falls. But I think I have to try all of them and rate them myself. Hubby is going to tell me he said one dinner-not six. Oh well, a girl can try, right? I will let you know my verdict. But I think everyone enjoys a different cut of steak and cooked their way, so I think you may all have the number one steakhouse favorite. Thanks so much again.
So many steaks, so little time.......
Girls gotta eat.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
There's no such thing as too many steaks lol. Best steak is cooked at home, but there's some great restaurant steaks out there as well. Not sure if anyone asked, how do you like your steak cooked?

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The house dressing at Cattlemens isn't a vinegarette and I believe there were some great suggestions made. Anyone you choose I'm sure will be fine. I hope you enjoy your visit and your steak.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will politely disagree. I don't think it's pretentious to say that one PREFERS another steak from another steakhouse and to say otherwise is, well, absurd. Last thing I care about in my life is what others think about me...as a mater of fact, my will stipulates that my obit be nothing more than a death notice..."HeyEng is dead. There will be no service."

I like a good steak and in MY opinion, Cattlemen's ain't it. ;)

For a guy who doesn't care what people think you sure felt the need to reply.

Latest posts

Top Bottom