Best Steak in OKC...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cattleman’s is alright for lunch. I’ve been for dinner but the price to me isn’t worth the wait or the lacking atmosphere. There’s better places I’d take my wife to were we in OKC for a night out. Is the Mantle (not Mickey Mantles) still around?

I admit I did love waking up super early and driving to cattleman’s at like 6 am for breakfast back when I lived in Moore. Far better than the dinner experience IMHO.

The Mantel is still there. It’s been a while since I ate there. Excellent place.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Mantel is still there. It’s been a while since I ate there. Excellent place.

The Mantel (just realized I was spelling it wrong - thats why I couldn't find it!) was always a great food AND SETTING and experience when I lived in the area. And let's face it, most of us probably think we can cook pretty good (and I bet we can), so when we do go out we're paying for that service and ambiance as much or (or more than!) we are the food. Good to hear it's still around.

Oh and I'm sure they're good, but I have not eaten at the Ranch or Mahogany (in OKC anyway) since they opened in OKC after I moved away. So I can't comment on those. I had heard good of Red Prime as well, but had not tried there either.

I do also know I wouldn't recommend Cimmaron, but if you DO go at least ask for the free beans. They're worth what you pay for them at least!

Last edited:

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
NEVER.....had or have a noise problem in Mahogany on Memorial.
Good deal!! When I went I could not hear the waitress or my wife. We were at a table and it was a general din of chatter. All I could remember was thinking I paid a lot of money and I have a headache from the noise. Food was excellent as was the service.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you want good, I'd say Mantle's. I work with Mickey Mantle's nephew. He and his wife eat there regularly and they just don't eat "bad" at all.

Cattlemen's is like an old school diner. They do serve ribeye, in 2 sizes I think. I got the biggest bestest "signature" steak they had once and wasn't impressed..At all. The ribeye's and sirloins are pretty good and you can eat a club steak lunch for about $12, which ain't a bad lunch. My grandpa hung out in stockyards watching the auctions when he was a kid a lot. I go for the location and old timey atmosphere when I do go, and not necessarily for the food. It's good enough and beats Texas Roadhouse all day long, but not stellar.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good deal!! When I went I could not hear the waitress or my wife. We were at a table and it was a general din of chatter. All I could remember was thinking I paid a lot of money and I have a headache from the noise. Food was excellent as was the service.
Chili's is designed to be noisy with the general din of chatter. It's one of the places we just don't go to.

Latest posts

Top Bottom