Best Steak in OKC...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncle TK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ken's BBQ in Amber is worth going to at least once.
Get there at 4:30 when they open. If you get there at 4:35 expect 1-2 hour wait.
No menu Steak Ribs & now chicken and salad bar.
Ken retired and the new owners have expanded the menu.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Cattlemen's food is fantastic except for the steaks, honestly I would NEVER recommend them for a steak and we've given them a try more than once in hopes that it might be better next time only to be disappointed again. Literally every place in the state that offers steak, serves a better steak and cuts of steak than Cattlemen's. That's about all I order where ever we go unless it's a BBQ joint. Seriously, anywhere but Cattlemen's for a steak.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ken's BBQ in Amber is worth going to at least once.
Get there at 4:30 when they open. If you get there at 4:35 expect 1-2 hour wait.
No menu Steak Ribs & now chicken and salad bar.
Ken retired and the new owners have expanded the menu.

I haven’t had to wait at all like I used too. Maybe I’ve just gotten lucky. But, I remember the long waits for many years. And now they also take cards.

I really like Ken’s. I usually have the prime rib. They bring out a sampler rib as an appetizer and those are always the best for some reason. Steak is Sirloin.
Chess block, pinto beans, and fried okra are on the salad bar.

They are only open Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Business will pick up quite a bit ones the Christmas Light show in Chickasha starts.

Not the fine dining you would expect at some if the other place mentioned. But, put it in your places to try out sometime.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not to derail the thread, but my taste in steak depends on what it cost to buy it.
Ribeye guy cooked medium rare. The correct medium rare is a warm red center with a hot sear. When my steak comes to the table I just need to push on the center with a fork to see how it's cooked. If the rest of the steak responds to the push, it good to eat. If the meat only responds to the local area where the fork pushes, its medium and you know how bad it gets from there.
If I'm at the local American Legion restaurant, and it comes out medium for $18, knowing they are on a shoestring budget, I'll gladly eat it with no complaints.
When restaurants start charging $28 to $50 bucks for a ribeye, it better be spot on cooked with a prime cut or they are getting it back.
Constantly have to order rare to get a medium rare even in expensive steak house restaurants.

I can get a Prime cut 16-18 oz ribeye at Costco for $19 a lb and put it in the Sous Vide process to get you the best steak you ever ate, fork tender.

That being said, I like the ambiance of the better steak houses and having a great outing with the wife.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom