Best Steak in OKC...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry, but the wife and I ate at Cattleman's several years ago, and we weren't impressed at all. To be honest, Outback's sirloin is/was probably better than what we got at Cattleman's.

Of course, she was raised on home fed beef, and we both lived and worked on the farm/ranch for a number of years.

And, we just can't see paying high dollar for food, no matter where it is or who is cooking it.
They charge for the extra time on the grill.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
You ever been to Cimarron? :)
No I haven't.
What I'm saying is that Cimarron may be a place so unimpressive I would actually place them below Cattleman's.
That's almost inconceivable!!!

I rank them right with Saltgrass and Texas Roadhouse.
But at least they offer a ribeye......sirloin shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as a ribeye, strip, filet, or porterhouse, just like prime rib is not. Sirloin from any restaurant has disappointed more folks than polio has.

k4ylr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Other option:

Buy a prime tomahawk from Costco. Apply salt, pepper, garlic and some good butter. Sousvide at 123° for 2.5 hours. Remove, pat dry, and apply nuclear levels of heat via whatever method at your disposal.

Bingo bango, best steak around.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Other option:

Buy a prime tomahawk from Costco. Apply salt, pepper, garlic and some good butter. Sousvide at 123° for 2.5 hours. Remove, pat dry, and apply nuclear levels of heat via whatever method at your disposal.

Bingo bango, best steak around.

Precisely! You guys that don't bat an eye at paying close to 30 dollars (or more :faint:) for a steak, must not hafta work very hard for your money. The steak itself costs less than 10 bucks. So you guys don't mind paying 20 bucks or so for a guy to slap it on the grill, flip it and put it on a plate?

Call me cheap, tight fisted or whatever, but that seems like highway robbery to me.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve had Cattleman’s a couple of times. I’m a ribeye guy and sirloin was all they served. The steak I got was decent though. Overcooked like most steakhouses, but the replacement was a proper medium rare.
Yes, the flies were pesky to say the least. I’m sure that won’t be an issue in the winter.
Sirloin was all they served? You just have been at the wrong cattleman's

Latest posts

Top Bottom