Best value in a .22 can?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Toying with the notion of a can that can cover a .22LR pistol (Ruger MKIII) and rifle (10/22) as well as an AR in .223/5.56. Don't want to break the bank on it, but want effective sound suppression and longevity.

All suggestions and experience welcome.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Tac-65 is my pick of the litter for the .22lr, I got mine from the Major for $199.00. IF you go more expensive the spector will do a range of calibers. I say stay simple, you don't have to get crazy to get a good can. I am actually trying to talk myself into another Tac-65.

Wall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Tac-65 is my pick of the litter for the .22lr, I got mine from the Major for $199.00. IF you go more expensive the spector will do a range of calibers. I say stay simple, you don't have to get crazy to get a good can. I am actually trying to talk myself into another Tac-65.

The problem is that he's wanting a .22 can that will work for his .223/5.56 as well. That's just not going to happen. He can get a .223/5.56 can and shoot .22 out of it, but I wouldn't (too dirty).

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The problem is that he's wanting a .22 can that will work for his .223/5.56 as well. That's just not going to happen. He can get a .223/5.56 can and shoot .22 out of it, but I wouldn't (too dirty).

I'm with you there. It sounds like it is 2 cans coming right up! Poor guy. NFA is a nasty habit! :fullauto:

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Our TAC16 suppressor, like our complete suppressor line, can be completely disassembled by the user to include the removal of the front endcap and all the internal baffles, and then cleaned and reassembled. Since .22LR ammunition of any configuration should never be shot through the TAC16 suppressor, it should not be necessary to disassemble the suppressor for cleaning. However, the ability to disassemble for service is a significant cost saving benefit. Disassembly and re-assembly should only be performed in strict compliance with our most currently published TAC16 Disassembly Procedure instructions.

I thought it was OK to shoot .22 through a 5.56 can. I'm guessing this is for warranty issues?

Latest posts

Top Bottom